[Class] ServerPing playercount hover over message

Discussion in 'Resources' started by bigteddy98, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bigteddy98

This resource is no longer available.

Skyost, Jozeth, Windy Day and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

DevRosemberg

And again you amazed us all.

rbrick, TigerHix and 97WaterPolo like this.
  3. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

bigteddy98 Getting an error here: players = new GameProfile(UUID.randomUUID().toString(), lines);
    GameProfile cannot be applied to (String, String[])

4. Offline

bigteddy98

Yep that's a 1.7.9 UUID error, I will post a fix as soon as I got it working.

5. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Oh ok, thanks!

6. Offline

bigteddy98

Okay the fix was way easier than I thought it was, just remove the .toString() after the UUID.randomUUID(); But there also appeared to be a 1.7.9 bug in PacketAPI, I will fix it in build V1.5 which can be downloaded here (This file has NOT been approved (yet) by the BukkitDev team yet, so using this is fully on your own risk).

7. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Have you tested it?

bigteddy98
    Code:java
    1. players = new GameProfile(UUID.randomUUID(), lines);

Still error. GameProfile(String, String) cannot be applied to (UUID, String[])

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  8. Offline

bigteddy98

Huh wut? UUID.randomUUID(); returns a UUID, not a string. Are you sure you are doing it correctly?

9. Offline

SuperOmegaCow

bigteddy98
    You should make a wrapper for PacketPlayInSettings. If you would like I made one if you would like the source.

10. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Yes. I am sure. What Java version are you using? I am doing this in IntellIJ

11. Offline

SuperOmegaCow

BungeeTheCookie
    First of all, UUID.random has always returned a UUID, and second, in no way would your IDE affect the way the language is. I am really starting to think you have no idea what you are doing.

12. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

First of all, you probably have no idea what is going on. Because, according to my IDE, in the constructor for GameProfile, it requires a String and another String. It is returning an error because it requires a String as the second parameter, not a String[] in the second parameter; unless there is a second constructor.

13. Offline

SuperOmegaCow

BungeeTheCookie
    Before I start, I do not wish to turn this into a flame war. Now that is over with I will start. I left the bukkit forums for a reason. I found the community to be too immature and I don't agree with the way the admins handle threads. If the word spigot is said in a thread then instantly the user is either banned or the thread is locked. What is nice about the spigot forums is the sense of you being able to mention 3rd party software and getting support for it. I realize that when I first posted I didn't know java very well and made a fool of myself. After leaving the bukkit forums, I have been subjected to a much better community who know what they are doing and have learned tremendously from them.Now on topic... You do realize there are sources to find this information. Looking at the source of nms would be a perfect start.

14. Offline

Comphenix

Then you're probably referencing the wrong CraftBukkit version in your project. Try using CraftBukkit-1.7.8-R0.1 or later instead.

Incidentally, in ProtocolLib, I handled this issue by automatically parsing the string given to WrappedGameProfile into a UUID, with some additional parsing rules that treated integers and empty strings as partial UUIDs. This doesn't prevent incompatibilities entirely, but it does allow some plugins to run without any change.

That's the benefit of not using NMS, but instead relying on a library (or reflection - to a degree).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.