[CitizenSpout Inactive]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mbsuperstar1, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Offline

mbsuperstar1

CitizenSpout - Give your NPCs skins:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/citizenspout/
    Please use the bukkit dev page instead, to make the conversion easier once this section is removed.
    Features:
    • You can add a players skin to an NPC by typing /sc skin add (player-name)
    • GUI for creating NPC's will be made available soon.
    • You can add a custom cloak or skin to an NPC by typing -/sc (cloak or skin) add (url)
    • You can now also hide an NPC's nameplate!
    How to use:

Select an NPC and type /sc skin add (player-name) to give it that skin.
    Select an NPC and type /sc skin add (URL) to give it that cloak.
    If skins or cloaks are not re-added for any reason, you can type /sc update-
    to re-add them.

Download:
    Download the latest CitizenSpout below!
    http://github.com/downloads/mbsuperstar1/CitizenSpout/CitizenSpout.jar

Changelog:
    • Version 0.1.8 - Stripped features to get a quick working release.
    • Version 0.1.7 - Quick fix during exams... broke badly.
    • Version 0.1.6 - Permission fix for cloaks and changed the default for name-plates!
    • Version 0.1.5 - PermissionsBukkit support, hidable nameplates and configuration!
    • Version 0.1.4 - Reverted command to /sc to fix conflicts.
    • Version 0.1.3 - Added capes and more cleanup on the code.
    • Version 0.1.2 - Changed commands around and fixed skin loading. Also added custom URL skins.
    • Version 0.1.1 - The skin update command is now automated, but can be used if it fails to work.
    • Version 0.1 - Giving NPCs a change of clothes. (skin)
    Credit: - Citizens Developers - Bukkit Developers - Spout Developers

nazhrenn, aPunch, jlu and 4 others like this.
  2. Offline

mrmoor

@Exanimo
    could this help?

3. Offline

Exanimo

Yes it did!
    I thought that was only needed the very first time after update but i understand it need to be done after server reboot now. Thanks!

The update doesn't fix the hidden/shown nameplates however. I'm going to try to edit the citizens.plates for that

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Offline

nstalker97

Does anyone know if this is going to be updated to 1185 and Citizens 1.1? or if arys is taking the project over?

5. Offline

Safetybrick

if i remember correctly he changed it from /cs to /sc because of the conflict with worldguard. look at the change log in the op he changed it back o.1.4.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...-the-same-spout-1060.32594/page-2#post-607369

6. Offline

Monkey_nuts

How would you get a skin from MinersNeedCoolShoes? or would you have to post it to a website like imageshack?

7. Offline

mrmoor

I have on my minecraft server also an apache server where I`m hosting the skins, but the plugin still doesen't work under linux.

8. Offline

arys

@mrmoor I could reproduce the error in an Ubuntu VM. This should work now: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Commands are now /sc

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
    mrmoor and thedark54 like this.
  9. Offline

Exanimo

Thanks for the update!
    I got something odd with the previous version by the way, don't expect it is solved yet but it is as followed:

NPCs that die and repawn have no skin!
    I will have to do the /cs update (or /sc in the last version i guess) to see their skin again.

But some NPCs seem to lose their skin even when they don't die, i expect that it is when i go too far away from that NPC or something. Anyway the update command sorts that but i'm finding myself typing it several times per hour now.
    I'm not sure what would happen for my users however, they can't use that command but i assume they won't see the skin either.

Edit: Seems the update only refreshes those in range.
    Surprisingly, when going to another world my NPCs there still had their skins! (at least, they refreshed as soon as i got on that world.. saw a steve costume for about 1 second)

10. Offline

thedark54

<font color="rgb(51, 51, 51)">
    </font><font color="rgb(51, 51, 51)">thank you</font>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  11. Offline

sintri

whatever did happen to custom skins through url?

12. Offline

Exanimo

Seems to work for me.

At least... need to do /cs update (or /sc update in new version) now and then.... wonder if thats due to refreshing skins from the internet?
    Then again, shouldn't my client download the skins anyway? (spoutcraft i mean)

13. Offline

sintri

Yea nevermind, it's a slight bit of update problem.

14. Offline

Hryniu

Hi. Is this plugin working on 1185 build ? I doesnt seems to anyway.. When update for this plugin is going to be released ?

15. Offline

Yohen

I'm having this issues too...

16. Offline

GabeDaBabe3

yeah i was wondering that too - any guesstimates?

17. Offline

Hryniu

I checked it, and its ain't working. :(

18. Offline

Silvo

A shame... I need this plugin.

19. Offline

Ledoth

Lol im not sure if i am mean to but this hear but when i get spout it gets these errors

14:52:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:300)
    14:52:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    14:52:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    14:52:51 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:269)
    14:52:51 [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCSpawner.spawnNPC(NPCSpawner.java:32)
    14:52:51 [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:162)
    14:52:51 [INFO] [Citizens] An error has occurred, please wait while it is sent to the developers...
    14:52:52 [INFO] [Citizens] Below is the stacktrace that has been transmitted to the developers, no other information has been included other than Citizens version information.
    14:52:51 [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:308)
    14:52:52 [INFO] [Citizens] An error has occurred, please wait while it is sent to the developers...
    14:52:53 [INFO] [Citizens] Below is the stacktrace that has been transmitted to the developers, no other information has been included other than Citizens version information.
    14:52:52 [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens.access$000(Citizens.java:63)
    14:52:53 [INFO] [Citizens] An error has occurred, please wait while it is sent to the developers...
    14:52:54 [INFO] [Citizens] Below is the stacktrace that has been transmitted to the developers, no other information has been included other than Citizens version information.
    14:52:53 [SEVERE] at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens$2.run(Citizens.java:135)
    14:52:54 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    14:52:54 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:439)
    14:52:54 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    14:52:54 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    14:52:54 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to Spout
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer
    at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.getPlayer(SpoutCraftPlayer.java:1029)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutPlayerListener.onPlayerTeleport(SpoutPlayerListener.java:70)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:300)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:269)
    at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCSpawner.spawnNPC(NPCSpawner.java:32)
    at net.citizensnpcs.resources.npclib.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:162)
    at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:308)
    at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens.access$000(Citizens.java:63)
    at net.citizensnpcs.Citizens$2.run(Citizens.java:135)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:439)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

20. Offline

neorat44

It isn't loading for me

21. Offline

Gilrotic

When will this be updated to 1.8? It's really cool! :D

22. Offline

Hitman4000

All I get is these errors when starting the server

[SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/CitizenSpoutV0.1.7.jar' in folder 'plugins': Citizens
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Citizens
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:138)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:103)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:136)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)

I am using Bukkit version 1185, Spout client / Spout Server Plugin, Citizens, plus alot of other plugins

23. Offline

Silvo

same for us... 1.8.1 just isn't supported

24. Offline

King_KYl3

One major thing i dont get is how is having a skin on a npc client side :S you would think it would be server side when u can have players skins on it only when its thier name.

25. Offline

Gerben127

I get this error when i start the server:
    Code:
    2011-10-03 19:40:15 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\CitizenSpout.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/citizens/events/NPCListener
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:168)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:138)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:103)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.citizens.events.NPCListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 11 more

26. Offline

micdoodle8

New Citizens (Fixed spout support) and the new Spout are out :]

Can't wait for this plugin to be updated! :D Great Job mbsuperstar1

27. Offline

Ars

mbsuperstar, We wanna new version of CitizensSpout!

28. Offline

ItsQ

We wanna new version of CitizensSpout!

Ars likes this.
  29. Offline

drum_head99

Me too, I assume it's because I am running latest bukkit 1240 and citizens 1.1.2 . EXact same Error message. I notice the plugin page says ONLy works with latest "realeased" citizens build 1.09d. could that be our problem? will we have to wait until citizenspout is updated?

30. Offline

add1ct3dd

that error is due to a change in bukkit, the fact it's not working is actually due to only working with 1.09d, and likely not working with newer builds anyway!

31. Offline

drum_head99

looks like I will either have to wait for update or downgrade bukkit and citizens. I dislike both choices, lol.