Child/Griefer Plugin Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by elysianhero, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

elysianhero

I've been looking around, but I can't seem to find a plugin that suits my needs (but I'm sure it exists!). Could someone point me in the right direction?

Basically, I have a server with some friends. There's no fear of griefing, it's just for fun. But, my friend has a son and I have a nephew that would like to play. Both are young and have autism, so anyone can see the concern that they might destroy some houses without really knowing they are offending anyone.

I'm looking for a plugin that that I can use to set their Permissions to not be able to destroy a block played by specific players, i.e. the "adults" can still build and destroy each other's blocks, but the "kids" can only destroy the block they specifically place.

Again, I'm sure it exists, I just can't find it for the life of me. Thanks a lot guys!

2. Offline

strontkever

use worldedit+worldguard to set regions

3. Offline

elysianhero

Well, the thing is, I didn't want to interfere with the adult players on the server but having them have to set up their regions. We just play for fun, and it's kind of a free for all, so a player might build a small inn somewhere or a tree house, whatever. I wouldn't want them to have to use commands every time they build something.

4. Offline

strontkever

u can set a region over a house, and add people to it so they are only allowed to build there

5. Offline

elysianhero

Again, this isn't quite what I'm looking for, but if a plugin doesn't exist that allows me to do what I am looking to do, this might be the best solution. Thanks for the help!

6. Offline

strontkever

well, there is a plugin "dont break blocks someone else has placed"

called "ownblock"

7. Offline

elysianhero

I think this might be perfect! What's important about it is that I can set permissions so the other players aren't affected! Thanks a lot for the help strontkever. :)

8. Offline

RogerWilco

A plugin that maintains the ownership of every block on the server sounds like something that is going to be very CPU and RAM intensive. I know that plugins like LWC already have limits because otherwise they get too laggy, and that only protects chests and the like.

So depending on the number of players, and how powerful the server is, something like Regions might be a better idea anyway. Just make a "playground" area where the kids can play.

9. Offline

elysianhero

I think you're right. Although I am sure that OwnBlock uses a database, it is probably resource heavy. Your suggestion sounds pretty valid. Any advice for a plugin that would do a good job of this? While I have heard WorldGuard mentioned often, I'm sure there are others to address this more specific need. Thanks for the advice!

10. Offline

Gallie

Just use common sense. Go to " Get plugins! " and click the Anti Griefing section if that doesn't help you search for words that might relate to what you're looking for such as OwnBlocks you could've easily searched Own in the plugin lists

11. Offline

elysianhero

Thanks for the advice. I certainly did use the plugin list. I've been using Bukkit for a while now, and I was hoping someone had advice to spare in relation to my somewhat specialized situation (special needs children who might destroy a building and not understand what they did wrong, while leaving the other couple players unaffected). So far, that advice has been helpful. Thanks again for the feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.