Chest Lock Protection (that even the owner must unlock to access)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Odjit, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Odjit

I run a survival server, and one of the things we really like is for players to take an active role in defending themselves. They have to make walls that aren't ladderable, they must set up defenses in order to not be invaded and killed, etc.

The one thing we lack is the ability to lock a chest. Now I know there are plugins like LWC and such that assign a chest to a person, and then that chest is forever protected by anyone else. But that sort of protection doesn't require any effort or memory from the player. If a player forgets to lock their chest, another player should be able to come up and steal from it.

Currently the only way we can do this is by having players put blocks on top of their chests, but its ugly, and a crude way of securing chests.

So I am requesting/hoping plugin could be made that allows for a chest to be locked in a way that only the owner player could then use an unlock command to open it, but one that they would have to unlock in order to gain access to it themselves. Also of course, preventing the chest from simply being broken to gain access is also appreciated as well that admins be able to get into all chests.

2. Offline

BigBlueGER

Using LWC with password protection mode?

3. Offline

Odjit

LWC with password protection has the chest ALWAYS locked, which I don't want.

I want something that can be locked (and prevented from being broken) but has to be unlocked for a player to get into it, including the owner. Once unlocked, even by the owner, its unlocked for all players until locked again. Though, not just a simple remove, cause it would be lame if someone locked a chest inside another player's home @_@. So it'd still be owned, just not locked.

4. Offline

Codisimus

so something like
    /protect own - makes you the owner of target chest (if there is not already an owner)
    /protect lock - locks target chest if you are the owner
    /protect unlock -unlocks target chest if you are the owner
    seems pretty simple, if this is wut you want I can try making it

EDIT: or perhaps toggle lock on punch (if no owner on punch makes you the owner)
    would you prefer commands or no?

5. Offline

Odjit

Commands are of no importance, really, unless needed in order to allow admins to see in (don't want a hacker hiding a bazillion diamond block stacks from us). Would you be able to make a chest that is owned unable to be broken except by the owner (thereby removing ownership)? Want to make sure griefers aren't going to just chest bust.

6. Offline

Codisimus

yup I'm glad you mentioned that bc I was going to ask you. I'm quite busy now but i think i can have it ready within 48 hours. Just post if you think of any other features you want.

7. Offline

Odjit

If it wouldn't be too much extra, admins being able to know who has current ownership and also having the ability to remove the chest (and thus ownership) would be handy. Considering our anti-grief rules, there is no need to limit the amount of chests a player can lock like in other plugins.

8. Offline

Codisimus

ok then i will make it all through punching (if admin punches a chest they don't own it will tell who the owner is) and admins will be able to destroy regardless of the owner

isOP() or permissions? or perhaps defining who are considered admins in config file?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  9. Offline

Odjit

Prefer not relying on isOP(), as I don't like giving all of the admins the ability to kill the server ;x Elsewise, either is good~

10. Offline

Codisimus

well I'm done but its isOp() lol i gotta work on my other plugins for a little bit so ill add permissions later

11. Offline

Odjit

That'll be fine! Everything else is way more awesome than worrying about operator vs permissions.

12. Offline

Codisimus

well i got time ill code it real quick

as you requested, ChestLock

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016