Checks Minecraftforum Thread for In-game Name to WhiteList

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Machete.Panda, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Offline

Machete.Panda

Im looking for an automated white listing system. It would do the following to whitelist someone:

1) user enters minecraft server
    2) User uses command to get whitelisted /whitelistme
    3) plugin initiates a search for that users ingame name in a minecraftforum.net specified thread link
    4) If true User recieves message "You are now whitelisted."
    5) If False User recieves mesage "Can not find user in minecraft.net thread. Check spelling or goto www.site.com\whitelist to learn how to get whitelisted.

I realize that this would probably require not only a plugin but another program that the plugin would intiate to actually get to the minecraftforums site to run the search.

Anyone know of such a software? If not, anyone know someone that can make it?

2. Offline

Barinade

Why would you even have a whitelist if you are going to let anyone join?

3. Offline

Machete.Panda

Require them to get whitelisted in the minecraft forum thread bumps your thread to the top.

4. Offline

Barinade

Lmfao, that's such a sad excuse. But anyways, why not check your thread for the line:

WhitelistMe: USERNAME

Then check if USERNAME is whitelisted, if not it asks any online OPs to whitelist them, or just automagically whitelist them.

5. Offline

Machete.Panda

• Inappropriate Conduct
    <snip>

6. Offline

pyraetos

Cleaned up this thread a bit. Keep it on-topic and civil.

Machete.Panda likes this.
  7. Offline

calebbfmv

Thanks!

8. Offline

Machete.Panda

Thank you.

pyraetos likes this.
  9. Offline

calebbfmv

Still, this is a quite simple plugin and I will ask the dev I know if he wouldn't mind me releasing it, or he could. Most likely the answer is no, but I can try. Still Barinade was on track that is how we did it. get on and check it out: survival.frostcast.net.

Machete.Panda likes this.
  10. Offline

jobbers12

Wondering if anyone could develop this as it would be really nice and useful for many server admins.

11. Offline

codename_B

I could probably develop something like this, I'm feeling fairly regex-y today.
    It's just an excuse for lazy server admins though.

12. Offline

WarmakerT

13. Offline

bobacadodl

14. Offline

WarmakerT

bobacadodl Feel free to decompile it.
    If you downloaded it, please re-download, as I forgot to whitelist the player if his name was found(fixed now though! :) ).

15. Offline

bobacadodl

Can I tweak up the plugin a bit? I see how you did this now :) But one problem is that how will a player execute a command if they aren't whitelisted?...

16. Offline

WarmakerT

Yes, yes you can. You may also fix that problem :3

17. Offline

jobbers12

18. Offline

WarmakerT

No problem.

19. Offline

calebbfmv

Now added some MySQL to sync across multiple servers with Economy Support