[CHAT] Tinychat - powerfull, small, easy, chat plugin - [1597]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Sgt_Tailor, Dec 10, 2011.

?

What do you think of this plugin?

1. GREAT!!!!

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. looks promising, I do want some extra features

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. TinyChat is created by me and two friends of mine to learn how to use java and create bukkit plugins. It is our fist plugin so take it easy. More features will be added in the future
    TinyChat has a very small code which is the reason it is called TinyChat TinyChat is capable of changing the colours in your Minecraft chat using simple tags that ARE NOW CONFIGURABLE. TinyChat is used like this: You just type a normal message using the tags given below to change the colour (e.g) RED hello WHITE people GREEN on BLUE this YELLOW server. This would create a message like this <player> (red) hello (white) people (green) on (blue) this (yellow) server. The text inbetween () will not be displayed in the chatarea.
    Permissions

TinyChat now supports permissions and the old OP system. permission node(s):
    • tinychat.allow allows a person to use all colours in chat.
    • tinychat.chat.[white,black,dark_blue,dark_green,dark_aqua,dark_red,dark_purple,gold,gray,dark_green,blue,green,aqua,red,light_purple,yellow]
    • the permission node(s) (tinychat.chat.<white,....> allows a person to use a certain tag, BE AWARE: someone can only use a colour of he has the tinychat.allow permission.
    The colourtags

The default tags you can use in the chat are:
    1. #w for white
    2. #b for black
    3. #db for dark blue
    4. #dgr for dark green
    5. #da for dark aqua
    6. #dr for dark red
    7. #dp for dark purple
    8. #go for gold
    9. #gr for gray
    10. #dg for dark gray
    11. #b for blue
    12. #g for green
    13. #a for aqua
    14. #r for red
    15. #lp for light purple
    16. #y for yellow
    you can now create your own colourtags!!!!

BEFORE YOU CHANGE TAGS!!!! read this: in the code of this plugin the code checks the message for colours one by one, it will go from the top of the list all the way down. If you give dark green the tag #dg and dark gray the tag #dgr it will first find #dg and make the text dark green, even if you used the tag #dgr.
    how to change the tags (will add a command for it): Open the tinychat.jar using a program that can open .jar files. In the .jar you will find a config.yml. In the config.yml you can create your own colourtags instead of using the default tags created when the plugin first starts. Replace the text between " " into the text you want the tag to be. DO NOT ADD ANY EXTRA SPACES AND DO NOT DELETE THE " " or the plugin might not work properly.

Downloads

Download page/bukkit dev

To Do list

• create an option to set the colour of your name using permissions or a /tc setcolour name <tag> command
    • add an option to set the colour of your messages using /tc setcolour message
    • add a /tc tag <colour> <tag> command
    • add a /tc setcolour chat <tag> command
    • make a tutorial
    • anything else?
    Done list

• add a /tc command
    • add a /tc list command

Masterflapdrol likes this.
  2. Offline

Masterflapdrol

3. thx, I finaly figured out why I got a nullpointer in my code :D
    will create a link to my bukkitdev page and upload 1.6 soon..

4. Offline

Masterflapdrol

i like annonations :) i was seartching for this for years.

5. you have been looking for a plugin like this for years ?

6. Offline

Masterflapdrol

i was just looking for this a long time :)

7. ok, I have just finished some coding, added /tc list command
    /tc list will show all the tags you can use based on the permissions you have.
    /tc is also added, it now only displays how to use the /tc list command

that is 1 thing done of the to-do list :D

EDIT:
    will upload 1.6 on bukkitdev now

1.6 is waiting for approval

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  8. 1.6 is ready for downloading

I am now working on a prefix system, I will try to develop this AWSOME plugin as much as I can.

9. Plz give me some feedback on this plugin