Chat problem

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by aGhuZ, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

aGhuZ

Hello, I have a problem I'm developing a plugin, and I have not found a solution to the problem anywhere, so I ask if I can help.

The plugin simply a logging and registration system, the problem I have is that messages do not appear in the chat, in the Eclipse program detects me problems.

Code:
      public void start(final Player player)
      {
        final int[] i = new int[100];
        i[0 = Bukkit.getScheduler().scheduleSyncRepeatingTask(main.pl, new Runnable()
        {
          public void run()
          {
            if (!Manager.this.bl.contains(player.getName())) {
              Bukkit.getScheduler().cancelTask(i[0]);
            }
            if (Manager.this.bl.contains(player.getName())) {
              if (Manager.this.hasAcc(player)) {
                player.sendMessage(Mensaje.entrar);
              } else {
                player.sendMessage(Mensaje.registro);
              }
            }
          }
        }, 0L, 100L);
      }

detected two problems in lines 4 and 19

Linea 4
    Code:
    i[0 = Bukkit.getScheduler().scheduleSyncRepeatingTask(main.pl, new Runnable()
    Linea 19
    Code:
        }, 0L, 100L);
    I hope you can help me. Greetings and already thank you very much.

Sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish and I had to use google translator.

2. Offline

mine-care

Well i think you need to revise the basic syntaxt in Java or if you haven't already, learn Java.
    There is a spare bracket there between i and 0 that does.. nothing, and furthermore what is 0 doing there?

Also, encapsulate and mind Naming Conventions (Unless main is a variable ofcourse, in what case this is correct)

I suspect this is decompiled code to be honnest.

3. Offline

I Al Istannen

@mine-care
    I suspect he is just missing a closing bracket after the 0 as an index for the array "i".
    But why the hell would he need an array of size 100 for that? And why does he never access it anyway? It just gets thrown away after the method invocation.

But yea, it is quite a strange error. The plugins I decompiled looked quite nice, so I can't say anything about your theory :D Might be true though.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.