[CHAT] On Request v0.13 - Player Mute [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DreadKyller, May 14, 2011.

1. Offline

DreadKyller

PlayerMute - Single Person Chat Blocking:
    Version: v0.13

Using this plugin you can mute annoying people so that they can not type to you, you will not recieve their messages.

Features:
    * Toggleable Mute
    * Lightweight

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Source Code At Bottom

Changelog:
    * Version 0.13:

- * Fixed NullPointerException
    - Version 0.12:
    * Released

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

Snowy007

thank you so much, i will try it out asap.

3. Offline

DreadKyller

lol, the first person to view it is the person who requested it.

4. Offline

Snowy007

hmm, i put the plugin in my plugins folder and reloaded the server.
    now i'm getting this message in the server console every time a player types a message. doesn't matter if i muted him or not.

Code:
    15:27:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to PlayerMute
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.styllex.mute.MuteListener.onPlayerChat(MuteListener.java:18)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:262)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:289)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:651)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    also when muting someone, you get a message that you muted that person. and the muted player gets a message that he has been muted.
    but the messages of the muted player are still visible to the player that muted him.

I can try restarting the whole server instead of just reloading but i would like to wait until all players are off. probably at the end of the day when i'm about to shut it down.

Edit: also a command to get a list of players you muted might be nice. '/mutelist' perhaps?

5. Offline

Plague

6. Offline

DreadKyller

@Plague I did read that post, what in specific do you want me to look at there?

@Snowy007 strange, I didn't ever get any errors. I'll look into it.

Edit:
    I found the source of the NullPointerException, I tried to get a player name from a HashMap but I did not check to see if the player even existed in the HashMap... Fixing it now and will repost.

7. Offline

Plague

it was mainly the title

8. Offline

DreadKyller

Oh, the craftbukkit version. Ok.

9. Offline

Phinary

Does this let you mute offline players?

10. Offline

DreadKyller

@Shaun Bennett no, not yet, and it will not save the mutes either, as I seem to have been cursed with every single save script I try failing. This will be updated sometime.

11. Offline

jamescosten

Ok looks promising, just one thing how do you mute .....Perhaps some commands mite help :p

12. Offline

DreadKyller

@jamedcosten there is a command, lol :p

PHP:
    /mute <PlayerName>

13. Offline

Snowy007

this plugin is great, thank you very much for taking the time creating it.
    i just have 2 more requests but if it is too much to ask you can ignore them.

I use the plugin 'general' for basic commands and such. it contains the command '/pm' to send a personal message to a player. i noticed that even if a player is muted he can still send personal messages to the player.
    maybe you could make the plugin compatible with 'general' so personal messages don't show up either?

and

'/mutelist' to get a list of players you muted?

EDIT:
    and i noticed that people get un-muted after server reload or restart.
    maybe let it keep the mutes enabled?

14. Offline

jamescosten

Perhaps putting that on the thread might help :p

15. Offline

DreadKyller

@jamescosten : well, I actually did have it on original thread, but my thread did not match the template layout for plugin submissions and I forgot to put it back after editing it. but either way you could have at least tried /mute, i mean a muting plugin, it would make some sense. but yah, adding it to post.

@Snowy007 : as seeing that plugin uses a sendMessage to player instead of activating the ChatEvent I can't actually check to see that or edit the script. I could look at the script, but It would take a while to work that in. About /mutelist, good idea, simple, I'll get on it. and as soon as I get save scripts working I will make that too.

16. Offline

MeinerHosen

Might there be the ability to add a "mute.override" sort of permissions node that disallows players from muting staff? (avoiding the "i didn't hear you" problems that might come up)

I'd love to use this on those who spam caps.

17. Offline

DreadKyller

@MeinerHosen : added, but not updated yet, I no have much time this morning.

18. Offline

EliteSoldier

Great, but what about /unmute ? Or a file where i can change language, and maybe colour ?

19. Offline

Snowy007

There is no need for /unmute. the /mute command toggles the mute on the player.
    If a player is already muted and you use /mute on that player again, he is un-muted.

20. Offline

DreadKyller

@EliteSoldier, yes, I made it toggle, no need for separate commands.

also the thing is, this is a muting plugin, not a color plugin, not a language changing plugin. I mean I could make it so the server host could setup custom mute and unmute messages, but that might take a while.

21. Offline

EliteSoldier

:mad:I mean that i want to change: The player have been muted - zaidejas buvo nutildytas. (my language, just to change that), and the colours is easy to use, i just need a config.yml where i can do that

22. Offline

DreadKyller

Ok, Look up at the top or middle of this post, I AM NOT GOOD WITH SAVING OR LOADING SCRIPTS, they never seem to work, so you can stop with the :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: this is my first plugin, and it wil be updated, but demanding something like this I'm considering not doing it now

23. Offline

Noffletoff

@DreadKyller Don't let him get to you, the plugin is great, keep working on it, it will be an asset for our server. I also have a question, is there a way to make it so that it doesn't announce to the player who's being ignored that a person has ignored them? It would save some drama headaches.

24. Offline

DreadKyller

yeah, sure, when I get the config stuff working I will make a slot for "alert:true/false"

25. Offline

DreadKyller

if anyone would like to pick this up feel free, surprisingly this version of it still has the original functionality even on the newest craftbukkit, because nothing in the api that I have used had changed.

26. Offline

Baummann

For your first plugin it looks a bit complicated. event.setCancelled(true); stops the player from talking, also you can place onCommand in your main class.

27. Offline

DreadKyller

@Baummann : I don't want to stop the player from talking, I just want the message not to show up on the player who muted, ex.

player1 player2 and player3 are in a game, player1 mutes player2.
    player2 types something in, player3 sees it, but player1 does not because player1 muted player2. I not want it to be a global mute. Also this is my first 'released' plugin, but I made 3 private ones before that, a 2600 per file 3 file command plugin that is 86 KB, a full classic mode plugin (which was actually my first) and a much simpler version of the plugin I recently released under IC3D called clipboard.

28. Offline

Baummann

Oh that looks like Essential's /ignore

29. Offline

DreadKyller

somewhat I guess, but I've added some functionality that hasn't been released yet that makes it a little different. The main reason I did this was on request, the person I do not think wanted essentials but just wanted the mute, so. At that point I didn't even really know about essentials.

30. Offline

nubpro

Plugin no longer works in 953