[CHAT/MISC/GEN] NoCMDItem v1.47 - Easy Way to get items [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by IC3D, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Offline

IC3D

NoCMDItem - An easy way to get/give items, V1.47.

This plugin was created to demonstrate the new CMD_API.

100% tested and working with newest build

For full info on the API you can go to this post.

Features:
    • No need for "/some_command"
    • Uses IC3D new API for custom commands
    • Accepts item name or id
    • Optional playername and amount
    Download Plugin
    Source

How To Use:

simply type this into your normal chat:

Code:
    $[ Item_Name_Or_ID ] <[ amount ]> < playername >
    Key:
    [ ] : Needed
    <[]>: Optional unless the argument after it is used
    <> : Optional

example:
    Code:
    $stone
    or
    $1
    Gives one stone to the caller

Code:
    $stone 43
    or
    $1 43
    Gives 43 stone to the caller

Code:
    $stone 43 playername
    or
    $1 43 playername
    Gives 43 stone to a player

Permissions:

None, this is OP, only OP's can use this.

Configuration:

None, no need for any

Credits:

@DreadKyller : Coding for plugin and API
    @captainawesome7 : For the base of how to make custom commands

Changlog:

V1.021 : Made item name case insensitive, forgot that in 1.011

V1.011 : Inital release after testing.

2. Offline

DreadKyller

Next update will include a config file to add costom block ids and names, for example, if you wanted somone to be able to type in moss and get mossy_cobblestone that is the stuff you could do.

3. Offline

OptimusAlive I steal plugins as my own

Yeah, that's kind of easy and important :D

4. Offline

cronikkk

I mean no offence, but what is the point of this?

tips48 and Adamki11s like this.
  5. Offline

DreadKyller

@cronikkk um... wow? it's to make it simpler to get items, you don't have to type in like /give, only $. It's also 90% just a demo showing that the custom command API works.

6. Offline

cronikkk

okay.. there are like 8,000,000 other plugins out there that you can give items with.. I hate saying this but one of the best i've seen is Captain awesome's simplegive. /i wood and it gives you a stack of wood.

I don't understand the necessity for a command API when you can easily make commands with onCommand()

7. Offline

XeonNetwork

No offence man but this isn't the easiest way to get item's on server's cause on mine you can just do /i now thats the fastest way. But good plugin none the less man

cronikkk likes this.
  8. Offline

Plague

Update the plugin to latest recommended build and change the title accordingly.
    Failure to do so will result in this moving to INACTIVE section.

9. Offline

Andre_9796

no point

how is /i faster than $. /i are 2 characters, $ is one character, failed :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  10. Offline

Plague

Well on my keyboard locale it is :)

11. Offline

Andre_9796

lets say its both fast :p i prefer /i btw.

12. Offline

cronikkk

I understand what your saying but I mean I just don't see the necessity in pretty much just changing / to $

13. Offline

Plague

I meant that /i is faster for me...

14. Offline

cronikkk

Oh haha sorry read that wrong.

15. Offline

DreadKyller

/i compared to $ for the last time me and captainawesome were both working on a project at the same time for the SimpleChat where you can type @playername message, the reason the api can be good is because it allows people to easily make commands that start with a character or a series of chars other than the normal /, meaning you can make sure you're not in any risk of overriding/interfering with someone else plugin. This is mainly a demo and I don't get how typing two letters is easier than one. This plugin was actually made sort of for my friends private server but I decided to also release it to show that the api actually works. Which was made also on my friends request. I also even asked captainawesome7 if it was ok to post the api and this and he said yes.

sorry, my internet has been acting up lately and this is the first time I've actually been able to post on the forum, although I've been on it would not allow me to post anything. this still works with newest update surprisingly...

yes, that is fast, but I made this sort of for my personal self because I would prefer hitting one key and then the name as compared to hitting the / and then moving my hand over to the i and etc.. I can understand that people can think one is easier, I guess I'll change the name, I will say one thing though, it's the lowest character filled way to get items.

16. When i downloaded this plugin, i was extremely excited. I said to myself "tips48, you've found a plugin thats better than the Nothing plugin! This is going to be a huge hit!" So, I installed it on my test server, but I was extremely sad when i realized that not only did this do stuff, it requires user input. I am sorry to say that now, i am not a user,...
    why don't you just use /i *facepalm*

17. Offline

cronikkk

Still don't see a use in it

18. Offline

captainawesome7

There are uses for the custom command api, and this is just an example. Yes /i is easier to type than &, but if you wanted to make dynamic commands that somehow wouldn't be possible with Bukkit's default onCommand, you could use the custom commands api. It basically allows for a lot more user customizability as far as commands go. The only thing I'm not clear on, @DreadKyller is when a dev makes a plugin that uses % or ! as a prefix, if another dev makes a plugin that uses the same symbol wouldn't they conflict?

19. Offline

Plague

since IC3D released that many plugins I would think they would know how to write a proper release title... edited.

20. Offline

DreadKyller

um, what was edited, because I see absolutly no change...

edit, nevermind, the first sentance.

@captainawesome7 @Plague for some reason it will not let me log into IC3D even though the password is correct, it's just giving me a time out error every time I can't log in to update it, I have a new version of it compatible with the newest cb version but can't log in, captain, is there anyway I can give you the file so you can update this?

21. Offline

captainawesome7

Give me a link to the file and I'll update it.

22. Offline

DreadKyller

@captainawesome7 yes, those would conflict, the thing is that this for example takes the (only an example, there are almost infinate!) OnCommand = 100,000,000,000 CMDAPI = 100,000,000,000 * however_many_key_combinations_there_are_for_the_starting_command

meaning that as compared to there being a for example a 1/1000 chance of having the same command as others, this has a very small percent of same command, like for example %dig and ^dig can do different things without interfereing, as compared to /dig and /dig

23. Offline

captainawesome7

I meant a plugin that just used the prefixing character. Like ^ did something, and the text after wasn't a command. Sort of like EasyPM. Nobody else can use @ if they are using EasyPM, or they will conflict, right?

24. Offline

DreadKyller

ok, I'll upload the file right now, tell you when done.

@captainawesome7 yes that would work, which is a problem in some ways, but there is almost no way possible in the world to get around that unless each plugin makes like compatibility for the other plugins.

but for the most part it will work fairly well, this is only an example, you could also register it for $$ of @@ of @$ etc, not limited to only one character, so the chances are slim.
    I'll pm you the download

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

25. Offline

captainawesome7

I can't seem to log in either..

26. Offline

DreadKyller

hmm, I saw IC3D in the online list, strange.

finally got it, took 8 login attempts

27. Offline

zecheesy

Could you add permissions so that other players can spawn stuff? Its for my creative world

28. Offline

DreadKyller

I could try, but that would be when I get my laptop back, it broke and has been being fixed for 3 or so weeks. I'm on my sister's laptop right now.