Chat limiter

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Pr4w, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Pr4w

Hey,

Getting regularly raided on my server by spammers and idiots. When I'm there I can mute and ban them to get rid of them, but sometimes I'm not, and some of them can be extremely abusive.
    I thougt of something that could be quite interesting for the larger communities, and would help handle newcomers that haven't registered, and aren't allowed to build yet.
    What if there was a plugin that would mean visitors, or a members of a certain group, can only speak when an admin is online ? That would mean they would only be able to spam when an admin is online, and if he is, he can kick them in the face ! Or just ban them, that works too.
    If not, is it possible to restrict the amount of messages a visitor can send? Eg only letting a person send 2-3 messages, so he/she can eventually seek assistance, but if he is a spammer he won't be able to talk that much :)
    I saw GuestPrev, the problem is that it has a lot of functions I don't need, and it doesn't really do what I'm looking for. :(

Thanks !
    Mark

2. I could create a plugin that:
    • Logs each time the player talks.
    • If the player is talking too often give them a warning
    • If they ignore the warning they get kicked
    • If they continue spamming they would get banned and a file could be made so the admin or whatever can be notified.
    Sounds like a really good idea for a plugin, but I'm very busy developing on of my own plugins at the moment so If anyone else wishes to take up this project feel free and post here :)

If not developed by the time I finish my current projects I will make it :)

3. Offline

Pr4w

Hey, thanks for such a quick reply ! :)
    That actually sounds amazing ! It would be great if you could make it !

4. If no-one else wants to make it then when I'm finished my current project I will make it :)

5. Offline

Pr4w

Added you on MSN, I've got a few ideas I'd like to talk about with you :)

6. Ok, I'll add you :)

I am officially taking this project on :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  7. Offline

GalacticNinga

May I suggest Spam Guard?

8. Offline

Pr4w

"Apr 28 2011"

9. Offline

JjPwN1

Man this guy sure needs a while to finish, huh?