Solved Chat in the nether and end not working.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by TJ1632, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TJ1632

This is an odd one.. My server is using Multiverse and Towny (not sure if the issue is coming from either of these two) but only ops are able to see all chat across the server. In the nether and end players can type and send messages in the global channel of world they're in but no one can see those messages; doesn't matter what world they're in. OPs and pex * are able to see all world chats though. Same in other worlds. Everyone in our main world is able to see the chats though.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Offline

Machine Maker

@TJ1632
    PermissionsEx supports per-world permissions. Check to make sure you aren't giving/removing chat permissions on a per-world basis.

TJ1632 likes this.
  3. Offline

TJ1632

While I do have that toggled on, I couldn't find any chat related permissions for per world stuff in essentials.

4. Offline

Machine Maker

@TJ1632
    There is an essentials permissions "essentials.chat.shout" which is used if you are using a chat-radius.

"This allows you to send global messages, used if a chat-raidus is configured."

If that doesn't work (and you don't have a ton of plugins), try one by one, giving a test group all of a plugins permissions to see which plugin is giving the ability to talk.

5. Offline

TJ1632

I figured out that it had to be permission based, changed some things in the towny config to mess around, and turns out the defaults were missing towny.chat.general

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.