Filled Chat hints based on chat

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iwitrag, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Offline

iwitrag

Hello, I need useful plugin - this plugin should show chat hints based on what player type in chat.

So if player type in chat:
    How can I get to the creative world?
    This plugin will find keywords defined in the config (how, get to, creative) and will output to that player:
    "If you want to build in creative world, type /warp creative"

There should be an option to disable this functionality per-player... so if players are experienced enough and doesnt need those hints, he can turn it off.

Permissions:
    chathints.toggle - ability to disable / enable hints

2. Offline

kalicat

I will do this plugin for you. I will start tommorow

iwitrag likes this.
  3. Offline

iwitrag

Really? That would be great! Thank you very much for your willingness :)

4. Offline

iwitrag

How it's going with the plugin ? :)

5. Offline

Freelix2000

Done. http://download1648.mediafire.com/7g77ovdy8xig/89gw3wch5q2b18f/ChatHints.jar
    I also added a few features that you didn't ask for, like I made a way for the plugin to send the player a message if the player's message contains some words, not just if it matches the exact message. In all plugin messages, feel free to use color codes, and also you can use %player% to get the player's name.
    kalicat
    Sorry for stealing your plugin request, but honestly, you are slower than a melting stick of butter sliding down a hill. I made this plugin with extra features in 10 minutes.

iwitrag likes this.
  6. Offline

iwitrag

Freelix2000
    Hi!
    Thanks for this epic plugin! I'll check it out :)

Three ideas:
    1. Will you make plugin page on bukkit for this plugin? I think this should have it's page, because it's simply amazing and super-useful :)
    2. Is it possible to add wildcards (*) to Messages: and MessageContains: ?? So mod* and moderator will be the same..
    3. In MessageContains: all words must be in that player's message in order to show hint - what about percentage - so only some words are needed in order to show the hint (this can be global settings which apply for all hints)

Thanks anyway, I will definitely use this and it will help new players on my server :)

7. Offline

Freelix2000

I don't want to make a Bukkit page for this because I have too many noob plugins on my Bukkit page already. I've gotten pretty advanced with programming now, but my Bukkit profile doesn't really reflect that. I finished this plugin 10 minutes after I saw this thread, and I could probably add those extra features in another 5 minutes. I will probably work on adding those features sometime soon.

8. Offline

Verringer

Freelix2000

I was just wondering if you could predefine questions and replies and if your version supports colours?

If not, this could be a snazzy plugin to defeat nooby questions on servers

9. Offline

Freelix2000

Yes, that is the most basic function of this plugin.