[CHAT][FUN] Socials! - Customizable Social Emotes! [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Mixcoatl, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Mixcoatl

Socials! - Customizable Social Emotes!​
    Version: v0.3.3
    Socials! allows server operators to create custom social emotes that players can use to concisely communicate their feelings. Socials! also exposes a sophisticated macro-based messaging API for developers who would like to use Socials!-like messages in their own plug-ins.

Features:
    • Create social profiles and read others' profiles.
    • Create social emotes players can use to communicate their feelings.
    • All messages are word-wrapped and color-code sensitive.
    • Display available social emotes.
    • Sizable default social emote database.
    • Uses built-in Bukkit ORM (supports SQLite and MySQL.)
    Downloads:
    • Plug-in: here
    • Sample SQLite database: here
    • Sample database in CSV format: here
    • Sources: here
    • JavaDoc Documentation: Inside the .jar file!
    Notice: Please make certain your EBeans.properties and Bukkit.yml files are correctly configured before reporting database connectivity problems! If you send me a private message I can help. Let's not clutter up the thread with messages unrelated to the plug-in!
    Commands (open)

Commands
    • /emote <message> - Emotes the specified message.
    • /social list - List available socials.
    • /social list <social> - Displays information about a social.
    • /profile [page]- Display your own social profile.
    • /profile <@player> [page] - Displays a player's social profile. Remember the @-sign before their name!
    • /profile [@player] birthdate [value] - Sets or clears a player's birth date.
    • /profile [@player] emailaddress [value] - Sets or clears a player's email address.
    • /profile [@player] gender [value] - Sets or clears a player's gender.
    • /profile [@player] realgender [value] - Sets or clears a player's actual gender.
    • /profile [@player] realname [value] - Sets or clears a player's actual name.
    • /profile [@player] showage [true/false] - Sets or clears whether a player's age is shown.
    • /profile [@player] showbirthday [true/false] - Sets or clears whether a player's birthday is shown.
    • /profile [@player] showbirthyear [true/false] - Sets or clears whether a player's birth year is shown.
    • /profile [@player] showemailaddress [true/false] - Sets or clears whether a player's email address is shown.
    • /profile [@player] showrealgender [true/false] - Sets or clears whether a player's real gender is shown.
    • /profile [@player] showrealname [true/false] - Sets or clears whether a player's real name is shown.
    • /profile help

Known Issues (open)

Known Issues
    • No permission support. Player.isOp() is checked instead.
    • Bukkit ORM implementation does not store or read the birthdate field correctly.
    • Birthdate-based properties (showage, showbirthday, showbirthyear) do not function yet. These will work once I have the ORM date problem resolved.

In the Works (open)

"In the Works"
    • Online creation, deletion, and editing of social emotes.
    • Larger default social emote database.
    • More built-in emote macros.
    • Groups and Permissions will be supported when Bukkit provides them.
    • Convert birthdate field to a "Long" to perhaps resolve an ORM problem.

Screen Captures (open)

Screen Captures:
    Here are some screen captures per @phaed 's request.
    Socials-List.png This is the result of the /social list command.
    Socials-List-Laugh.png This is the result of the /social list laugh command.
    Socials-Profile.png This is the result of the /profile @Mixcoatl77 command.

Changelog:
    Version 0.3.3
    • Word-wrapping now honors embedded line breaks.
    • Detects the beginning and end of each sentence and always capitalizes the first word of each sentence. Capitalization logic is aware that color codes may precede a word and searches for them before changing the case of a character.
    Version 0.3.2
    • Added /e and /me aliases for the /emote command.
    • Added /profile help sub-command for configurable profile options.
    • Modified /profile command to accept an optional page number.
    • Cleaned up profile output a little bit.
    • Updated for Craftbukkit #677.
    Version 0.3.1
    • Pre-release offering.

Attached Files:

eateren likes this.
  2. Offline

Mixcoatl

I'm guessing you meant, "Why would I need this?"

And the answer, as with 99% of plug-ins, is that you don't need it. If there were functionality that 100% of users needed and there were only one reasonably correct way to do it, it would be -- or become -- part of Bukkit. [Consider persistence and, soon, permissions and groups, for example.]

As with nearly every other plug-in, Socials! provides functionality some people want, rather than need. A plug-in like Socials! is much more important in a role-playing environment. Servers that are largely free-build or PvP probably have little reason to use Socials!, although nothing it contains is specific to roleplay servers.

3. Offline

yakasuki

wow all i really wanted to know was will this be fun for ppl's in mah server?

4. Offline

Mixcoatl

Haha. I suppose you should have asked that, instead! :D

Either way, it's not a question I can answer easily. I believe it would be fun, but clearly that depends upon the players. You could certainly give it a try; you can always remove it if players don't like it.

5. Offline

yakasuki

k
    kk lol just hope my players like it then lol

6. Offline

slimpyman

Dang Id love this in my server.... LONG LIVE MUDS!!! haha what about ogg?! photon torpedos!? its missing. or the fish emote! i cant remember what that was