Chat Cooldown - Edit?

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Y1ght, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Y1ght

Plugin category: Chat

Minecraft version: bukkit / spigot - 1.12 / 1.12.1

Suggested name: RoleplayChat_Edited

What I want: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f1wuserr94ra1m/Roleplay_Recompiled.jar?dl=0 - Link fixed - I want you to make so I can add cool downs to the list if not wanted I could just put it to 0 which = no cool down. As I would contact the original owner, but he hasn't been active for 15 months and I have no other way of contacting him. So please.

Ideas for commands: Configure file

Ideas for permissions: configure file

When I'd like it by: This week.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Y1ght Contact the original developer for that.
    EDIT: And the link is dead anyways.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  3. Offline

Y1ght

I edited it a bit with more information and fixed the link.

Not going to double post, but my friend also said the same thing about getting a new plugin and honestly I don't know really if someone would really do that, and if they were 99% it would cost me unless i do it on here and very unlike someone would pretty much remake the same plugin based off this /;

4. Offline

Might be worth to contact the developer that recompiled this thing, as he already has the project working.
    Or just to get a new version, written from scratch. Because this one is not very efficient.
    Certainly not when you are using nicknames, synchronized database calls are never a good idea.

@Sploon

@Y1ght Don't back edit, a response in between is not a double post.
    And people on here are pretty nice in that regard.

5. Offline

Y1ght

Sorry about that, But i'll give it a try I guess in a week or so if no body does this. I want to see if someone does at least first you know?

6. Offline

I hope that @Sploon responds for that, he has the code, he has the project and dependencies.

7. Offline

Y1ght

I hope he does, or anyone in this case and if someone does so.. I wish them a lot of luck and a thanks! If they fail Still a thanks for trying as of right now i'm watching a lot more videos recently on coding so I hope I can help out others / myself too. And I'm going to bed for the night, good night!

timtower likes this.
  8. Offline

Sploon

I just downloaded it from the bukkit link.
    The only code I read was the part that wasn't working, and it was a mess.

@Y1ght I can re-do this plugin if nobody else is willing.
    I'm not sure I'll have a chance to start for a few days, so if someone else wants to make this beforehand I don't mind (but please let me know).

9. Offline

Y1ght

That's good, if no buddy does please do.

10. Offline

Sploon

I'm starting this now, but the plugin description page leaves out a lot of major details -- I've never tried any role-playing before, so I know next to nothing about it.
    My understanding is that you can configure different chat channels, which players can join (through configurable commands), and have a radius in which players can be heard. And you're requesting for a chat cool-down to go alongside this.
    Anything I'm missing?

11. Offline

Y1ght

Not missing anything but you said "can configure different chat channels, which players can join" only through commands and not perm stay in the group, type command and message simple as that but yeah not missing anything out.

12. Offline

Sploon

13. Offline

Y1ght

Ok first of all, I have to say that it's not working for me in chat wise at all. and not getting errors in console. It might be ChatEx. Overall this is pretty much how i want it (with first layout)
    aka
    name:
    permission: false
    cooldown: 0
    radius: -1
    format: '&E* %player%: &e%message%'
    commands:
    - command

14. Offline

Sploon

The way I have it set up is so that if the player types /command 123, everyone (in the config you provided) will see the message *Player: 123 (with chat colors).
    I can take do some more tests tomorrow (it works fine for me, but I can take another look) but I'm slightly confused.
    Can you send me (through pastebin) the exact config you have, that doesn't work?

15. Offline

Y1ght

https://pastebin.com/WUPzBNhK That's it, but it's not working for me /;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.