[CHAT] ColorMe (Changed ownership), read first post

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Valrix, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Valrix

Both of those plugins can cause conflicts and override ColorMe. I still have a bit of work to do on this and will try to see if there's a better way to use it where it should have less conflicts. If that still doesn't work, then blame the other two plugins. Also try using ColorMe when both of those are disabled and enable them one at a time to see which one keeps ColorMe from working. That'll help me at least a bit I hope.

2. Offline

Lookatmego

hey man i have no idea to fix this...i run prefixer your plugin...WORKS FINE and i run essentials.chat also works fine now when i get this ive tried not giving ppl any prefixes or anything and trying the colors and with the colors none of them work...like colors say they are there there are no errors the plugin works just colors dont show up what do i do?

3. Offline

Valrix

Make sure to check the player.color file and see if their name has a color. If that shows a color next to their name then it's another plugin interfering with either a player's display name or the chat message as a whole. I'll try changing ColorMe's priority to HIGHEST so it'll override all the other plugins that try to change it. That should fix it. I may do that to Prefixer too since that seems to be somewhat of an issue.

Just did an update that should help those of you who are having issues with colors not showing up even though you get no errors. I believe it was other plugins not handling player chat in a nice way, so I gave ColorMe the highest priority so it will have the last say. If this still doesn't work, go yell at the other plugin developers to fix their code.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  4. Offline

Bjourk

Permissions would be handy

5. Offline

Lookatmego

meh with the high priority thing still no workey>.< me is mad

6. Offline

Valrix

Then it has to be one of the other plugins messing with it. Try to find out which on it is then let them know that it's interfering with other plugins and they should fix it.

Once I learn how to add permissions I will do so. Few other things I gotta do first though :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Matty11

same error every time:
    2011-03-26 17:30:13 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/ColorMe.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:85)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:58)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:174)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:120)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:227)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/command/CommandExecutor
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:72)
    ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.command.CommandExecutor
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:30)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
    ... 11 more

8. Offline

Valrix

Same thing as I said in the Prefixer thread, I need the version of your CraftBukkit server.

9. Offline

Sefragus129

It keep saying <severe> in the console and it won't work!

10. Offline

Valrix

Can you show me what it's saying? And tell me what versions you're using?

11. Offline

Sefragus129

it says:
    [Severe} Could not load plugins\ColorMe.jar in plugins: nullorg.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException.
    it says its running on -Bukkit-0.0.0-470-g8642b13-b452jnks <MC: 1.3>

12. Offline

Valrix

Wow that's an old CraftBukkit version. You need to update it to at least 527 to get ColorMe to work.

13. Offline

Sefragus129

oh thanks where do i get the newer version?

14. Offline

Valrix

The "Get CraftBukkit" link at the top of every forum page will take you to the wiki which has a link to the latest build. I took the liberty of grabbing the link for you. Here you go: LATEST BUILD

Either use that or go to http://ci.bukkit.org/ and grab a recommended build.

15. Offline

Valrix

I may know the issue with ColorMe, thought I need my sleep so it'll have to wait until tomorrow when I wake up

16. Offline

Flenix

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say Permissions and Essentials are slightly more important than coloured names - You might want to add the incompatibility to the original post?

Let me know if you work around it - If you decide to add Permissions support, maybe add nodes that make different groups have different coloured names, its a lot easier than colouring everyone individually...

17. Offline

Valrix

I'm still working on nearly all of my plugins, but the fact remains that both of those plugins tend to break other plugins because they take priority or obliterate what other plugins do. Permissions shouldn't have name changing in by default, it should be left to other plugins. Essentials I can see changing player names, but it should do so nicely.

Heck, I even added support for other plugins to hook in so Essentials and Permissions could just as easily have ColorMe support for changing a player's name color that way it won't cause conflicts.

18. Offline

ttaylorr

permissions support?

19. Offline

Valrix

Gonna be adding that pretty soon. Need to get Prefixer fixed up first though.

20. Offline

2Bucks

Permissions support would be awesome, then I can use this with Command iConomy and it'll charge people "X" money to change their own color, and to change other people's color (to annoy other players playfully)

21. Offline

Valrix

I could add iConomy support to it natively too. Hopefully today once I get a few other plugins fixed I'm going to add Permissions support and iConomy support as well since it's pretty easy.

22. Offline

2Bucks

Can you make it so that people can only change their own color name

23. Offline

Valrix

That'll come with permissions which is the only sane way to do something like that.

24. Offline

2Bucks

Awesome then, can't wait

25. Offline

gilbz

sorry for nub quetsion but i take this stays after server is shut down and and rebooted? :p im a noob

26. Offline

Valrix

Are you asking if the name color stays after the server is rebooted or shut down? If so, then yes. The colors stay unless you remove them.

27. Offline

Ben_R

Not sure why, but your plugin ceased to work after I installed the AntiGrief plugin. (<<<Linked there) Any suggestions as to why this is?

28. Offline

Unscrewed

Again, without being an OP but with having the '*' permissions, this plugin does not work. :(

29. Offline

gilbz

sweet thanks

30. Offline

Valrix

I have no idea, I just looked through the source and that plugin doesn't look like it can change anything that ColorMe uses. I'm stumped.

Did you add the permissions nodes to the config file? The nodes have to be in to be recognized by permissions, even with '*'.