Chat channels, permissions plugins, and more fun things

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by MegaNarwhal, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MegaNarwhal

The joys of being a server owner :rolleyes: I'm trying to add chat channels to my server because we've had an influx of players lately, but I use PermissionsBukkit which doesn't have prefixes built in. I've tried using HeroChat but I had no way of giving prefixes to players/groups. I came across bChatManager and that has the features I want, but I don't really want to go through the hassle of switching permissions plugins. If it comes down to that, I could, but I'd like to know what other options I have. Is there any way to get HeroChat prefixes to work with PermissionsBukkit? If not, is there any way to convert my permissions file?

2. Offline

sillyrosster

Use mChat. It takes some reading to understand how to use it with PermsBukkit, but it works and worked for me when I used PermsBukkit. If you don't want to use it, you could try bPerms. bChatManager is made for bPerms. Herochat will also work with bPerms.

3. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Well, I did find a Python script that converts from PermissionsBukkit to bPermissions so now switching perm plugins is a more viable solution, but I'll have to take another look at mChat when I wake up. I really need to stop pulling all-nighters, I don't get anything done anyway :p

4. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Can't seem to find something to convert my PermissionsBukkit player list to a bPerms players file [skeleton] Anyone know of a permissions converter? All I could find was a script for converting groups and a webpage for converting from Permissions 2 to Permissions 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.