[Chat Channels] Friends Party Chat

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Bluebossa3jp, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Offline

Bluebossa3jp

Plugin category: Chat Separation

Suggested name: Friend Chat

What I want:

-Basically something to be able to do like a group private chat kind of thing where you can invite your friends to talk. I hope something like this would be rather light weight and not fill the server with alot of abandoned chats.

- The main feature I was looking for is the ability to toggle-mute the public chat while in the Friend Chat. When 20+ players are online it can be difficult to read all the messages in your Friend Chat because the messages from the public are flowing so quickly thus scrolling the chat up.

- The ability to create chat channels that are deleted once the creator leaves the chat/game

- Ranks in the chat such as Creator/Mod/User.
    -- Creators is the one who creates the channel. when he/she leaves all party members are dismissed and the party ends and is then deleted.
    -- Mods are users who have been promoted that can kick/invite users
    -- Users are those can only chat in the Friends Chat.
    --- Creators would inherit all Mod and User benefits. Mod inherits User benefits

- Possibly Friends chat colored separately from public chat. (light green maybe)
    Example: [<Chat Name>] <Admin Bluebossa3jp> Hello

- Also if it is possible maybe be able to move from Public chat to Friend Chat and back so you do not have to issue a command everytime you want to talk in FriendChat. Like if you plan to talk in the Friend Chat for awhile you can make it so you dont have to use
    //fc <message> every time. Instead maybe toggling it so the Friend Chat is the 'main chat' and you use a command to talk in public chat.

Ideas for commands:
    /fc invite <player>, /fc join <chat name> (after an invite), /fc promote <player> <Rank>
    /fc kick <player>, /fc create <chat name>, /fc togglechat on/off, //fc <message>, /fc list,
    /fc <chat name> who, /fc spy <chat name>,
    /fc Public (moves you from friends to public chat)
    /fc Friends (moves player from public to friend chat)

Ideas for permissions:
    friendchat.create - - - - - - - - - - - Player can create a FriendChat
    (/fc create <chat name>

friendchat.join - - - - - - - - - - - - -Player can be accept a FriendChat invite
    (/fc join <chat name>)

friendchat.kick - - - - - - - - - - - - -Player can kick others from a FriendChat
    (/fc kick <player>)

friendchat.invite - - - - - - - - - - - -Player can invite others to current FriendChat
    (/fc invite <player>)

friendchat.toggle - - - - - - - - - - - -Player can toggle the public chat on and off.
    (/fc togglechat on/off)

friendchat.message - - - - - - - - - - Player can talk in Friend Chats.
    (//fc <message>)

friendchat.spy - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Player can spy on any Frienc Chat.
    (/fc spy <chat name>

friendchat.list - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Player uses to see list of chats to spy on
    (/fc list)

friendchat.who - - - - - - - - - - - - - Player uses to see who is in what chat
    (/fc <chat name> who)

I figure some of commands could be enabled for everyone. I do not see why we would need a permission for something like allowing people to talk in the chat, I mean why would they have been invited to begin with lol.

When I'd like it by: Well obviously asap lol... But really its no rush or anything, just figured this would be a convenience to give the players of my server.

Thanks for reading, Bluebossa3jp

2. Offline

Bluebossa3jp

3. Offline

Williscool98

I'd love to see this on my server!