Changing RAM Allocated to 2.5gb (Windows) - Fixed -

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AS1LV3RN1NJA, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretty much as the title says, i downloaded 64 bit Java (apparently 32 bit can't handle more than 1.5gb) and want to change the RAM allocated to Bukkit to 2.5gb, how would i do this?
    Ive tried this, but it's giving me an error:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2560M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE

2. Offline

Phaedrus

Remove (x86)

3. I added (x86) as a possible solution to another error, it just gave me a different error.
    I looked on this thread and followed Ichingpows advice, after some guesswork to address errors, i ended up with this:
    that seems to work, but it wouldn't let me launch with 2.5 or 2gb max (leading me to believe i'm still using he 32 bit version), would getting rid of the (x86) get this working with 2.5gb?

Still noone :'(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

SLUAST

@ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE

try that or i have another to

5. Offline

Jeyge

Leaving the (x86) in there just means that you will never be able to run with more than 1.5 Gig of ram. You are forcing it to run the 32 bit version.

6. Offline

ichingpow

You can simply replace "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" with java as long as you only have a 64bit version installed. Also launch with -Xmx2560M again.

I highly recommend you grab Java 1.7!

7. Offline

Zaros

+1 ;)

8. Link to Java 1.7 download? They don't half make it hard for you.
    Edit: Doesn't matter, got it.
    Edit 2: Woop! Got it working by installing Java 7, deleting the 2 other versions of Java i had, then running with

9. Offline

ichingpow

Derp. I recommend you still use my super long launch line, adds more garbage collection than just Xincgc.

10. Was just thinking that, will add it in next restart; would this be ok or would i need to change some of the numbers to suite my 2.5gb setup?

11. Offline

ichingpow

It's java not jjava :p. The main thing you're looking for is how many garbage collection threads you can use. I have a quad core Intel chip with hyper threading so I have 8 virtual cores, that's why I set it to 8. You may want to adjust your's accordingly.

Launch with:
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -server -Xincgc -Xmx2560M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=8 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=4m -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    pause

12. How would i go about finding how many virtual cores i have? I have a Quad core CPU so i'll try 4 for the minute.
    Edit: Tried with the new options and 4 and it loaded alright; no one is complaining of lag and there hasn't been a crash since i changed from the original start up. Thanks :)

13. Offline

ichingpow

What CPU do you have? If it's intel, set it to 8 because you most likely have 8 virtual cores.

14. Link then plz?
    For Java 1.7

15. Offline

ichingpow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.