Changing melee range of player? Particle Mid-Ranged Attacks?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by KanekiCentipede, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KanekiCentipede

So is there a way to change the melee range of a player? So for example make it so I can hit a player from further away than usual. Also, I need particle effects for these attacks. Like making a thick line of particles from the attacker and the attacked player for an example. If it helps, I'm trying to do attacks from stuff like Dragon Ball Z.. I don't to use arrows and stuff, unless you can change the range of those and make them invisible/replace them with particles? If you can help, please do so <3

2. Offline

Konato_K

3. Offline

SirMonkeyFood

@Konato_K But it's not impossible to replicate. @KanekiCentipede , I've heard that you can shoot a snowball to register trajectory, and shoot it at insane speeds to prevent it from being visible. If a player is hit by the snowball, you'd next have to test for a range of a player, using mathematics and radii and such. (Just stumbled upon this thread which may help: http://bukkit.org/threads/check-if-a-block-is-near-the-player.355024/#post-3089086) Finally, check the item in a player's hand, check enchant levels, and check potion effects on both the attacker and defender (I think I covered everything). Calculate all the damage, and then finally apply that damage to the player. As for particles, I believe there are some API's you can use. Somebody correct me if what I just said wasn't possible.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.