Changeing player's skins

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Quantum64, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Quantum64

So I know it's not possible to "change" a player's skin, but would it be possible to create a "fake" player entity with the username of the skin you want (say "Notch"), then change the display name for the name tag and the tab list to the player's name, so it looks like the player with the new skin. This would probably involve some complicated packet manipulating, but I am completely clueless XD. can anyone help?

2. Offline

Squawkers13

Just use Citizens. :p
    (API if really needed?)

Or DisguiseCraft if you're altering a actual player.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Offline

Quantum64

I'm looking to code it :p

4. Offline

Forseth11

Quantum64 APIs are normally made to prevent you code and another person's code from conflicting. That way every plugin trying to complete the task runs through an API.

5. Offline

BillyGalbreath

No. The client handles the skins to what username the server says it is. So, if you change the user's name to Notch they would get Notch's skin, but if you try to "mask" the name back to their username they would get their old skin back. See TagAPI's "known issues" to learn more about the limitations.

6. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Quantum64
    The nameplate determines the skin. This is client sided.

7. Offline

Jalau

You can change it with scoreboard tags abit

8. Offline

Quantum64

Goddangit Mojang, why don't ya' give the servers a bit more control :/

9. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Jalau
    You actually can't using scoreboard tags.They appear under the nameplate.

10. Offline

Jalau

You can change the color can't you? And the Team Prefix?

11. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Jalau
    You have to change the name plate for the skin to be rendered, scoreboard names are completely ignored. But yes, you can have color for the scoreboard name, I'm not sure about the team prefix though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.