Change 'Server Closed' to something else?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by RPGCraft, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RPGCraft

On my server it automatically restarts to fix the lag when its lagging. Of course we don't know when it will lag so the restarts are unexpected.

It always says Server Closed scaring players away.

Is there a way to change this to whatever I want, example: Server Restarting... Please join in 1 minute.

2. Offline

Lookatmego

As far as I know there isnt a way to configure that message right now unless a plugin does it.

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Create a command that kicks all players first with a message then restarts. Have your auto restart system use that command instead of stop for handling restarts.

4. Offline

RPGCraft

Well, it's not a restart plugin, it happens randomly. It says CONSOLE: Stopping server, but saves right before it stops.

5. Offline

Lookatmego

is it something your host offers?If so tell them to add the feature mbaxter talked about in it.

6. Offline

Fishfish0001

I would hate something like that personally. There is no point in restarting like that unless it is a sustained lag.

7. Offline

Lolmewn

I do have something like that, but that only restarts the server if it can't reach it for a certain amount of time.

8. I used some code in 1.2.5 to do this but it no longer works, I am still looking for a way to change the kick message on shutdown.

Basically what I did before 1.3 is to add a shutdown hook to the runtime on startup, inside the shutdown hook all it did was kick the players with the custom message

9. Offline

breezeyboy

1.3 added server closed because before it would error uld kick you off with

10. Offline

RPGCraft

Read my posts... I said this twice. I don't restart it. It does it automatically...

11. Offline

Puremin0rez

Lol, Server Closed sounds like such a strange stop message. It makes you think it's down forever or something.

12. Offline

RPGCraft

thats exactly what I think. Which is why I want to change.

13. Offline

turqmelon

RPGCraft

To answer your question, no, there is no way to change the stop message natively in CB.

14. Offline

Coelho

Wrong.

Hook onto PlayerKickEvent and overwrite the message.

15. Offline

turqmelon

On a spontanious reboot?

16. Offline

Coelho

If the server shuts down spontaneously, the users will get a socket exception. If it is a planned shutdown, they will get Server closed.

17. Offline

Fishfish0001

That was my point... nothing can tell when a server is lagging because it has soemthing wrong versus lagging just because.

18. Offline

YallKnowMe89

Please Tell me The Plugin Or How You Change it!

19. I have sent a PR to Bukkit which adds native support to this, you don't even need a plugin to change it just change Bukkit.yml. It even supports colors.

Please vote for this if you would like to see this added
    https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-3031

20. Offline

Cammy_the_block

How do
    How do I install this?
    Thanks

21. You can't install this yet, if you would like that added to CraftBukkit then you can click the vote button and it might be added.

22. Offline

Cammy_the_block

23. Offline

minecrafterwork I steal plugins as my own

Search Server Messages or similar in Bukkit DEV and you should be able to find a plugin that changes the server closed message, I know essentials changes it to Server is Restarting

24. Couldn't find the plugin and also I tried Essentials but it didn't seem to change it, it doesn't have any config for it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.