Change name over head with 1.5

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by filoghost, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

filoghost

Is there a way to change name over head with 1.5, or should I use packets? However, how can I change it without using an external library like tagAPI? I really need it, thank you in advance.

I searched but I didn't found what I wanted :)

2. Offline

CreeperShift

3. Offline

filoghost

I found scoreboards, and a tutorial with CraftPlayer, that does not work! It doesn't show import options, and even if I import org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer I keep getting an error...I'm using craftbukkit, and not bukkit API

Got it! i unpacked craftbukkit that the correct import was org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R2.entity.CraftPlayer;

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

kreashenz

filoghost How do you do this? I've also tried, and I can't find out.. :s I think I might be an idiot.. Haha, but I've tried, and failed.. Multiple times.

5. Offline

filoghost

Winrar...however i will use tagApi

6. Offline

ZachBora

Wise decision. It has been said that if another plugin tried to change overhead name without tagAPI it would cause conflicts on server using tagAPI.

7. Offline

CreeperShift

You should have looked into those threads, not only page 1 but a few people have updated the scoreboard functions to 1.5.1 already ;) Would have saved you the trying out part.

Also unless TagAPI implements 1.5 features soon you can't change names over the head without changing the skin with it sadly :(

8. Offline

ZachBora

CreeperShift I didnt know the tagapi changed your skin. I only use it to add colors.

9. Offline

microgeek

It changes the the user's username, thus changing the skin.

10. Offline

CreeperShift

Yeah changing color works without the skin change, the rest doesn't. I'm hoping they add that soon tho, would fit the plugin pretty well actually

11. Offline

skipperguy12

Changing the prefix will not make the skin change.
    You can change the name using setCustomNames, works for mobs too.

12. Offline

filoghost

Are you sure? I tried it, but doesn't work. How should I implement it? My code was player.setCustomName("Test"); player.setCustomNameVisible(true);

13. Offline

skipperguy12

filoghost

That should work. Obviously it's not firing?

14. Offline

filoghost

The player name won't change...I think I can use it only for mobs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.