Chameleon Armor

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Splated, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Splated

I was thinking for server that want all there users to use the same texture pack, like a fallout RPG server that uses last days But really the armor is silly, Your not really invisable just the same color as the block behind you :p

But I had a possible add-on idea say the armor takes about 3-4 second to shift colors, when its done shifting send the "invisibility packet ", if you move off the color go visible again.

2. Offline

Chlorek

Oh it's great idea. I would love to use this plugin when you finish. But how can you make players to use the same texture pack? Players can disable server texturepacks or just click "No" when they are asked about changing it.

Good idea would be creating mod that changes your skin realtime when you have some chameleon armor. Well that's just my idea, but then it will require client mod ;<

3. Offline

Splated

ok i added the hidden player part i need someone to help test :)

4. A nice idea, but surely this wouldn't work because of different view points. Ie, from player 1's perspective the target may be standing behind a grass block, but for another player they would be standing behind a stone block?

5. Offline

Splated

Just wait till Version B.3 if I did it right, you will see something very cool (or not see it)!

I need some one with a server to help test

http://dev.bukkit.org/media/files/674/886/Chameleon_Armor.jar

6. Offline

ZachBora

Splated I can test tonight in about 5 hours from now

7. Offline

Splated

well I was hoping to test a little faster then that, Im 90% sure it will work but I need a second person to confirm it.

I'll bug some of my fans see if anyone is around.

sorry, I forgot to check before i made it :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  8. Offline

ZachBora

Splated It works! clones are getting camouflaged

9. Offline

crushh87

Now if you made a skin that hooked into the plugin somehow....
    (not sure if possible) and then the skin changed too:D

10. Offline

ZachBora

that still wouldn't respect the client texturepack :(

11. Offline

Splated

type /camoarmor name hide or /camoarmor name party and have mind blown!

I need to clean up the code command code and adjust the timings but its turning out good :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  12. Offline

ZachBora

13. Offline

Splated

yes its just like that.

uploaded v.4 any chance you can make a new vid with the changes and your clones wearing each set of armor?

also a wool checker board?

14. Offline

ZachBora

I can try to tomorrow. When you say wool checker board do you mean under feet or as a wall.

15. Offline

Splated

as a wall, the legs and feet use a different block then the hat and chest. I would recommend black and white as they are the farthest apart color wise and take the longest to shift.

I'm curious if your clones can go truly invisible also.

16. Offline

ZachBora

Splated
    This isn't working at intended. Ok clones have the same name as the owner if not specified, just fyi.

What happened when I got my clone out :
    - Clone dissapeared from the clone maker's view
    - Clone dissapeared from the camera
    - Clone Owner didn't dissapear from camera (both wear armor) but appears to be nauseous (bubbles)

When I move :
    - Clone appears to clone owner
    - Clone stays hidden from camera

If I make the clone have a different name :
    - Clone dissapeared from the clone maker's view
    - Clone dissapeared from the camera
    - Clone owner dissapeared from camera

When I move :
    - Both appear to camera

Edit :
    Suggestion, added to turning invisible, send blocks of that type to people and remove them when you move.

17. Offline

Splated

Send blocks?

18. Offline

ZachBora

player.sendBlockChange(location, material, byte)

It doesnt modify the actual block, it just tells that player that there's a block there.

19. Offline

Splated

ok so the camera is a player? or some player clone, mod thing?

I think i found the problem and I'll patch it,
    I may add another type of armor that turns in to blocks, but would i need to track where the "fake" blocks are and remove them or will the server take care of that?

20. Offline

ZachBora

Splated Yes the camera is another player, I film with 2 minecraft running on different accounts at the same time.

For the fake blocks, you'd need to send to the player the information of the blocks that are really there. There can be some issues with certain blocks that need more than just material and data, like skulls. I think what I had done last time was to do block.getState().update().

21. Offline

Splated

k posted b.5 try that with your clones.

clone war!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.