Capitalism - Survival Business

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Capitalism – Survival Business

Plugin category: Economy

Minecraft version: 1.10.2

Suggested name:Capitalism – Survival Business

What I want:

This could hook into any economy plugin, but was thought about along side my suggested “Capital” and I am thrilled to present a new concept in cooperation and gameplay, one which has likely been tried before, but as with Capital, this read is not for the faint of heart.

Shops are nice, and everyone should be able to do the natural thing and sell their products. However, when you start to think about it, wealth accumulation can become problematic. If you read my post for Capital, or if you already know, then you’re aware of the limit in stored values that Java can handle.

Picture it: Steve has the maximum amount of money he can carry. His vault is also full, thus nowhere to store bullion. So he opens a bank account and deposits it there. Then, after lots of play time, Steve once again hits max carry amount, but his bank is also maxed out! So what does Steve do!?! Simple: he starts a private business!

Steve runs over to the bank and tells the bank (clicking a sign, for example) that he wants an EIN. Steve knows he can buy as many EINs as he wants, of course, but opts for just one at this moment. So he buys the EIN at a server-set rate of $100.00 each. The server stores his EIN and asks Steve to name his new business, so he calls it Cobblestone Incorporated. The bank creates a shareholder account, linked to the EIN, to hold Steve’s share of the business’s profit, which he can withdraw from at any time. Steve knows his EIN number will remain the same so he gives it the name he came up with, and keeps in mind that for $10.00 he can change the business name any time he wants.

So Steve sets up his new business shop, and all money from the shop goes to the EIN associated with it, with personally configured profit going to his share account. But his friend Alex also wants in on this, since they usually play together and are in the same Town/Faction. So Steve says “/corp <EIN> share <%> Alex” and a secondary share account is created and linked to the EIN, and all configured profit from the EIN is split between Steve and Alex’s share, but Alex only gets the <%> profit of that. Others might join later if it’s that big of a thing he’s started, but something else is starting to happen with Steve’s Cobblestone Incorporated...lots of people are buying cobblestone, and the account is getting out of hand. So he knows exactly what to do now that he’s made his fortune off Cobblestone Incorporated.

Now the fun part begins. Steve decides to subsidize by doing “/corp <EIN> ipo<%> <$>” and types “confirm” when prompted. At this point, Steve no longer owns the entire net profit of the EIN, but keeps a share of the business for himself, let’s say it’s 51% so he can remain in control and have a say in what goes on. The command would therefore be “/corp <EIN> ipo 49 1000” since he only wants to offer 49% of the business. He and Alex keep the 51% share profits, but everyone else on the server gets a message that an IPO (Initial Public Offering) is occurring for this business and people swarm to buy into Cobblestone Incorporated. The “1000” at the end tells the server how much he’s selling his shares for. The higher the cost of shares, the more likely someone will do good business with it, but out of the remaining 49%, all profits end up being split.So if Steve and Alex are doing a 60/40 split of profit, and everyone else is getting their shares...this means Steve is ACTUALLY getting 31% of profits, while Alex is getting 20%, which totals 51% of the profits. The remaining investors only profit from the share itself, so a single share worth $1000 can be added to when profits come along, but ONE share account would only have a profit of 0.20% of all profits. However, if someone owns multiple shares of this stock, say Dave bought 5 shares, Dave will have a higher return of profit among those shares, being a little more than 1% of the total profit earned. Someone like Sarah might have 50 shares, however, and will earn a little over 10% of total profits.

Dave, Margeret, Amy, and Rory each have 5 shares. Margeret, Amy, and Rory have decided that they’re done playing this game of money. But the share is now worth more, and can thus be sold off, profiting each of them individually, as the share is now worth more than they paid for it. They can walk away with the cash he earns from selling their shares...to dave...who having bought all of these up, now has a total of 20 shares. Dave is getting more competitive with Sarah, but they’re both using the exact same business model...the same company to be exact!

Now this could also work the exact same way for fully public companies, too! If a player does /corp <EIN> IPO 100 1000, he would put the entire business on the public trade system, and shares of that business could be bought and sold, and the EIN will remain the sole collector of money until shares are bought. Any shares not bought are owned by the company itself. The more shares a person buys, the more money they earn, and if a player can buy 51% or more of shares from a fully public company, they can decide to say “You know, I’m going to make this all mine...” and do a buy-out of everyone’s stocks, against their will, and can absolve 100% of the business under his name. Of course this can drain the company, but it’s okay as long as everyone gets paid, and the business is still operational. All shops associated with this business are still active, but other players might end up destroying those shops since it doesn’t benefit them to keep another person’s business running on their land without some kind of compensation.

So there you guys have it, another outrageous and complicated idea for an economy-based plugin! This is quite expansive for sure, and likely meant for anywhere from small servers to massive ones. Let me know if something doesn’t make sense! I’m dead tired writing this so I might have missed some caveats along the way, but IDK if anything like this has ever existed in the method I’m talking about here, but if anything it would be an amazing addition.

Ideas for commands:
    /corp

- rename : changes corporation name

- <ein> : putting in an actual EIN and hitting enter will display information about that business.

- - ipo : the part after <ein>, tells the command to offer shares to the company…

- - - <$> ; which is a number, pricing the coming shares.

- - share : the part after <ein>, share will let the player share his company...

- - - <%> : after “share” the player will specify how much percentage s/he wishes to share with another...

- - - - <player> : player who will take the share offer....at a

- - - - - <price> : how much the coming partner will pay to share the company. CAN be $0

/corp share accept : accept the share cost offering.

/corp share decline : for a player who might not like the offering he's being asked for to share a company, he could decline the offer. Of course for just partners and not an IPO, as a player will confirm buying an IPO on actually buying it.

Ideas for permissions: capitalism.use Maybe more?

When I'd like it by: Time is gems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.