Can't keep up the server! Did the system overloaded?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Bashoogers, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bashoogers

Hey Dudes.
    First; im Dutch so my english isnt good :/
    If u read the title, u can see my problem.
    Sometimes get the server an error. Can't keep up the server! did the system overloaded?
    Well, i am hosting on my own PC, cause a VPS cost me €12/31 days.
    and ofcourse, i play minecraft on that computer. I get a good connection etc.

Someone tips?

My PC specifications:

Windows 7
    64 BIT
    Newest version Java
    4 GB Ram
    500 GB Hard Disk

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  2. Offline

Pand3micc

Unless you are experiencing extreme lag issues, this error can usually be ignored.

3. Offline

Bashoogers

Well, i dont get lag if i play minecraft etc.
    I dont use any program that ask for ram. Only Messenger/skype if i need it.
    How did i fix it? :)

4. Offline

Lolmewn

I would use the startupscript like this:
    Code:
    @echo off
    java -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -Xmx4G -Xms2G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    Of course change the RAM's to your likings ;)

5. Offline

Bashoogers

Code:
    So this;

@echo off java -XXermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XXarallelGCThreads=3 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -Xmx4G -Xms2G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

XX:MaxPermSize=256m > Can i change this to 500?
    //EDIT
    Where i need to put that code in btw. Im not good in that shit :$
    If i open the CMD file i see this;
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

6. Offline

Donny

save that command line in notepad as "start.bat" place it in your minecraft server folder and double click it o run the server.

7. Offline

Bashoogers

If i paste that @Echo off java in a start.bat file it dont work.
    someone can help me with it?
    Teamviewer? :D

Well!?
    Someone can help me pls?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

1lann

I think lolwmen accidentally forgot to add a new line after @echo off. So try adding a new line after it.

9. Offline

Bashoogers

Then you get this; Right?

@echo off
    java -XXermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XXarallelGCThreads=3 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -Xmx4G -Xms2G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

10. Offline

TnT

11. Offline

Bashoogers

Dont get it :/
    Do not understand :(

Well, can someone make a .bat file for me with 1GB ram use?
    < Just better performance for the server. >

12. Offline

Bashoogers

Sorry for double post.
    My server must have 2G ram, can someone make a bat file in teamviewer or something?
    Ill donate u :O

13. Offline

ThreeDGuy I steal plugins as my own

I can help you :D
    How much do you donate ? :D

14. Offline

h0us3cat

1gb

Code:
    title myminecraftserver
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause
    2gb

Code:
    title myminecraftserver
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -Xincgc -Xmx2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause
    3gb
    Code:
    title myminecraftserver
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -Xincgc -Xmx3072M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause
    4gb
    Code:
    title myminecraftserver
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -Xincgc -Xmx4096M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause
    note that i have java 7 installed, if you use java 6.x change
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe  
    to
    Code:
     C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe  
    if you use 32 bit java change
    Code:
     C:\Program Files\
    to
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\

15. Offline

1lann

Seriously? It's up to you I suppose. I would just reccomend you to follow this thread where all people have the same issue as you gather up: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/the-high-cpu-usage-thread-again.18898 since I have no idea on how to fix that problem (off-topic): also @ThreeDGuy how did you get a credit card when you're 12? Also you make some awesome plugins for a 12 year old. I'm 12 myself :p

@h0us3cat what is the purpose of the first 2 lines of each batch script you posted?

Update: noticed you changed it now.

16. Offline

ThreeDGuy I steal plugins as my own

Nice!
    Thank you!
    by paypal
    I posted a fake birth date!
    LOL
    Thank you for support :D
    Go to www.paypal.com and create an account there
    If you want I'll teach you how to make plugins!
    for free! :D

Sure! :D

17. Offline

h0us3cat

Yeah for some reason the forum software changes it in something else.
    That part was useless anyway
    It was
    Code:
    @echo off

18. Offline

Bashoogers

Poor kid, Go someone else ask for money. Nigger.

19. Offline

1lann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.