Can't Keep Up! Did the server time change or is the server Overloaded?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Starrk, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Starrk

Hello,

I run on HazeNet with a 2GB server. I had a 1gb server a lot faster than this one. The locations for the 1gb are in UK. The 2GB is in Florida.

The 2GB server has a long respond time and the chat lags a lot. The server also will take a long time at the "Logging in..." screen. I contacted support but they probably won't get back to me. I have the exact same files from the 1gb and I even re-installed Bukkit and the plug-ins.

Any help?
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 3:02 PM ---
    I'm also getting this on a Vanilla Mode server.

2. Offline

Plague

what's the ping to that machine from your place (ping command in the command line)?
    Also if 1GB/2GB are RAM sizes, what about CPU? Minecraft is pretty hungry for resources.

3. Offline

Starrk

Hey Plague, the ping seems fine, if not better than my 1gb.

Operating System: CentOS 5 x86 (32bit) (Highly recommended)

CPU : Xeon Quad Core x2

RAM : 2GB

Also, I re-installed CentOS 5 completely and just did a clean install of Java. Ran another vanilla map and it still has the same error.

[​IMG]

4. Offline

h0us3cat

HazeNet overloads their servers.

5. Offline

Starrk

Yeah I'll think twice before buying another one of their services.

But it's funny because one of their employee's gave me an 80% discount. ($5/month for a 1GB Server)

And the 1gb server does not lag at all. At least I win there bwahahah.

But yeah, I'll be trying to squeeze out a refund off the 2gb.

6. Offline

regancali

Try going Ubuntu 10.10, CentOS has been known to cause interference with minecraft, i saw a forum on it and some providers have special coding they put in CentOS that does something, do a google search on it, I don't remember where I read it, Sorry I don't have more info about the post, it was last week when I was trying to get more performance out of my Ubuntu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.