Can't Join My Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by sackboy_lbp, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Hey guys, I don't know if this has anything to do with bukkit or not but for all of the sudden I can't join my faction server. I have no clue why, and it keeps saying: "Internal Excepction: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 64"

I have tried restarting the server, using different versions of bukkit, etc. I don't know what the problem is. Anyone know?

[​IMG]

2. Offline

Rapid!

I got this error also, when I tried to join your server, the way I found to get around it was by spamming the connect button and it eventually let me on, but sorry I don't know any permanent fixes, maybe ask the Mojang support team.

3. Offline

Necrodoom

4. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Necrodoom Sorry I haven't been on latey, didn't have time to reply. Here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/TKkjd62m

Necrodoom In the pastebin you can see one user was able to login automatically without any trouble. Why can't I?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  5. Offline

Relicum

2nd tonight need to get the latest version of worldedit his latest dev build V6.0 as your version is not compatible with 1.7.9R0.2

that user was just lucky, read the first line to see how many ticks the server is behind.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Relicum Ok thank you, I will. And whats the ticks behind mean?

7. Offline

Relicum

I tick is how often the game itself makes updates. There is 20 ticks per second. So being 5000 odd ticks behind means the server hasn't made any game updates in all that time. That is not normal at all, but when a plugins you use aren't update this can often be the outcome. Something in WorldEdit has got stuck in an infinite loop and hogging all the resources, eventually it will crash as it will run out of memory. Also get the latest dev version of worldguard to.

8. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Relicum The newest version they have on their dev page http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldedit/ is 5.6.2. I also got the latest version of worldguard. Then I tried them, and they still didn't work, gave the same error. :'(

9. Offline

Relicum

There not the latest I will give you a link to my CI server I compiler both WE and WG direct from their Github accounts. Expect a PM, please don't give it out.

10. Offline

Necrodoom

You do know worldedit/worldguard have a CI server, yes?

11. Offline

Relicum

Err yes, I like to be in control of dependencies, so I always have access to an online repo for dependencies I use regularly. Plus the entire cloudbees CI + repo I have is free, and takes 2 mins to setup a job, so why not.Why go to 15 different CI systems when you can just go to the one. If I had to pay or had to even support it technically I wouldn't of bothered.

12. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Relicum Necrodoom Guys I just deleted WorldGuard and WorldEdit to try it without them, and it still gave me an error. I don't think they are the problem.

Also, I put the server at Craftbukkit 1.7.2 #3020 and I COULD log in. :(

I think this has something to do with me, not the plugins, not the server. Other players are able to join all the time, not just right after I start it. There were 5 people on one time, leaving and joining freely. But I always get that same message.

Now this is getting really weird. I have this app on my phone called "MineChat" which allows you to log in to your account and join servers, but you can only talk in the chat. I logged in as the same account, and it let me in! :eek:

13. Offline

sackboy_lbp

bump

Bump

14. Offline

GamerAuthority

It's probably your Minecraft.

Try deleting the .minecraft folder in: C:\Users\[Your User]\AppData\Roaming. Where as "[Your User]" is replaced with your user's name. (Note: You might have to enable hidden folders to see the AppData folder.)

After that, relaunch Minecraft and download the required files. (Just launch Minecraft as you normally would and it'll automatically download it for you) Check and see if it works then.

15. Offline

sackboy_lbp

I'm not running windows but I know how to get to .minecraft. I will try this when I get home, but I will save a backup .minecraft folder also. I don't want to lose all my clients and texturepacks.

16. Offline

thekylian185

I did the same but nothing works

17. Offline

sackboy_lbp

Ok so deleting .minecraft and joining again didn't work at all.

I tried something else this time to find out what was the problem. I made the server vanilla minecraft without bukkit or anything. I tried joining and it said:

You IP Address is banned from this server!​
    Reason: Banned by an operator.​
    Then I tried unbanning myself, unbanning my ip, anything I could. I looked in all the banned-players and banned-ips files, and still couldn't find myself banned anywhere. I even did /banlist from the console and I didn't show up.​
    I once again put it back to craftbukkit and instead of giving me the error it still said my IP was banned. Like usual, I still have no clue what the problem is. Anyone?​

YES!

I litterally deleted everything except the basic files I needed, then put craftbukkit back on. It let me in just fine! Not sure what that was all about but either way it is fixed. I hope it doesn't come back again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.