Can't enable PVP no matter what! Help please.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by quickclay, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

quickclay

So PVP seems to have randomly and permanently been disabled on my server. PVP=true in my config. I have tried everything. I have removed all possible plugins, and when that still didn't work, I built an entirely new world, in a new server folder, with NO plugins and I STILL couldn't engage in PVP. This is really weird. Anyone else seeing this, or is this a ghost in the machine I'm just going to have to live with? Any help is greatly appreciated! (I don't even know how what I'm describing is possible.)

@TnT
    1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?
    Windows XP SP3
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)?
    x86
    3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.)
    java version "1.6.0_26"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing
    4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc?
    no
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.)
    CB build 1000
    6. problem persists with no plugins installed and CB running vanilla server.

2. Offline

Sharpie-o

:S I have the same problem x.x I don't know what to do

3. Offline

tcvs

Check essentials

4. Offline

quickclay

That was my first thought, but I completely avoided essentials when I rebuilt the server and it still didn't work. :(

Wow it's kind of a relief to know I'm not the only one. I thought I was going crazy. heh
    Can you tell me about your set up? Did you have essentials installed at some point? Have you tried a "clean" server and found it still doesn't work?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  5. Offline

Sharpie-o

Yes and yes. Also, CF 953, Permissions 3.x and at some point I saw some option like setting essentials.protect.pvp to users that CAN pvp with the ones with that node, but still... nothing. I also have problems with the water flow and placing.

6. Offline

quickclay

Yeah I thought maybe essentials.protect locked my server into non-pvp mode when I removed it. If so, I wonder if resinstalling the same version I had when I removed it, and disabling pvp would work then.. hmm...

7. Offline

Teldelariel

I have the same prob, using essentials and group manager, I have gone through ALL my plugins and made sure pvp=true, pvp=true in server.config, set flags to pvp allow and no pvp at all, any ideas guys

8. Offline

quickclay

I think it's a relief we aren't alone at least. I'm thinking the common ground is that we've all had essentials at some point. I might try emailing the developer and see if they can give us a clue as to how to manually reset whatever variable they tinkered with....

Also what is your setup like? Are you using WinXP, for example?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  9. Offline

Sharpie-o

I did it :D
    Did a clean install. I was researching about Permissions and GroupManager, and figured (duh) that I dont really need Permissions for the perms, just GM. So, I moved all permissions, groups and users to GM, deleted Permissions and :D voilá! :D I'm a dumb dummy xD but it work'd

10. Offline

quickclay

Whoa I don't use groupmanager, but it sounds like I might need to! Congrats! Going to try rebuilding permissions too..

11. Offline

Teldelariel

Nope my problem was xgatecreate plugin had all worlds set to pvp=false, found the config file and changed them, that solved my issue.

12. Offline

Sharpie-o

Try the GM, all I did was make a NEW folder for the server, put a copy of the world, and setup the users.yml only for the admins. Default users have the permissions you give in the other configurations, I didn't put any of them in the users.yml. Also, try only GM, try the server and see if it works. If not, delete GM, and use Permissions.

13. Offline

quickclay

Holy cow.. xcraftgate I assume you meant? I have that too, and sure enough, there's pvp=false for each world! Changed it up and testing now! You guys rock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.