Can't connect to server from outside the network anymore

Discussion in 'General Help' started by karnold0216, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

karnold0216

I had started a server 3 months ago and had no problems joining my server from anywhere. Then randomly 2 weeks ago I am no longer able to join the server from anywhere but my house.

I check everything and I can't find what changed. My port forwarding is still set up. But when I got to check my port from canyouseeme my port shows closed or connection timed out.

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@karnold0216
    Are you sure your IP has not changed? You can find your IP on canyouseeme.

If your IP has not changed, are you sure you are checking the port while your server is online?

3. Offline

karnold0216

IP is still the same and I am checking with the server online.

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@karnold0216
    Can you join using your external IP from within your house? If so, it has something to do with your networking or firewall. If not, the issue may also be with your portforwarding/changes made to your port, in which case, try restarting your router.

5. Offline

YoloSanta

Sometimes your ipv4 address changes so make sure it still the same as the one you portfowarded

6. Offline

karnold0216

my ipv4 is still the same still matches my port forwarding.
    I've always had to use a different address within my network and have another address for when im not using my network. I've reset the router and also the desktop that the server is on. I have redid the port forwarding to make sure it is right. I've also checked the properties for the server to make sure everything is right and make sure the port numbers still matched the 25565.

7. what is the error the client gets when trying to connect?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.