*****CANNOT BIND TO PORT

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by cubary, Jan 30, 2013.

?

Is it safer to have a domain name, or Ip address?

1. Domain Name (Ex: PvPFactionsCraft.tk)

77.8%
  2. Ip Address (Ex: 62.184.356.142)

22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cubary

I know you're supposed to leave the ip spot blank in the server.properties but I've been using a domain for a while that requires you to put your IPV4 address in it. It has been working fine up until today. I don't know what to do. Domain Is: PvPFactionsCraft.tk

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

Could you tell us why it cannot bind to port?

3. Offline

cubary

Thats what I am trying to figure out. I actually just updated it (pulled old craft bukkit executable jar file out and inserted new one, if that's how you even update it) and when I try to run server by putting the redirector to my domain name (Ex: 192.168.1.102) in my server.properties file it comes up with a message saying, CANNOT BIND TO PORT****. The even weirder thing is though, when the properties file is left blank, instead of working with my home Ip address it works with my old hamachi network. what is up with that. I don't even know how it can connect to the hamachi Ip without it having connection to it through the properties file.

Any moderator out there, I really need some help with this fast so please give this a look.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

Jeyge

Sounds like Hamachi is still running on your machine. You should completely remove it if you are no longer using it.

5. Offline

cubary

Ok, I've done that now and it looks like they can connect to my Ip address fine. But there still lies the problem of my domain name... For a domain name to work, you must insert you're router Ip into the server properties
    (Ex: Server Ip=192.168.1.132) and then it redirects it to the regular Ip address. Now when I try putting that in, it says, "*****FAILED TO BIND TO PORT" yet again

6. Offline

grid21

You don't need to put the IP in the server settings. The server and router work together to auto fill all the information to direct people to your server. Now may question would be is are you port forwarding and if so is the port pointed to the machine that is running the server. As for the server settings just put the default 25565 and it should work fine. The reason why it says *****FAILED TO BIND TO PORT**** Is because there is either another computer in your network that is using that domain or something running on your computer is using that port at the same time the Bukkit server is. That's the only thing that I can figure. Let me know what you come up with.

7. Offline

number1_Master

If you start your server once, it will bind the port. If you do not type 'stop' in the console or '/stop' in-game, but instead hit the x to close the window, your server will still be bound to 25565, even though it isn't running. The only way I know of fixing this is by restarting your computer!

8. Offline

cubary

Ok nevermind then. I have deleted my hamachi network, but the server is STILL running on the hamachi Ip. What's up with that? I am really lost right now

9. Offline

Jeyge

You may need to reboot after removing Hamachi. I wish I knew more than all of the horror stories we read on these forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.