Can you remove brackets from chat with Essentials Chat?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CrazyColoradan, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CrazyColoradan

Yeah I know, Essentials Chat is inactive but It's the only simple chat plugin that I know of. I have been on servers that have Essentials Chat but instead of it looking like this

<CrazyColoradan> Hi

It looks like this

CrazyColoradan: Hi

I was wondering. How, (If you can) Can you remove those Annoying Brackets?

2. Offline

In_Craft

With Essentials Chat?
    Nope
    Sorry
    But I'm Pretty Sure you could with a Different Plugin, I'll Search through some old Plugins for you and repost
    If I find anything.
    I havn't heard of it but I might find something....
    :D

3. Offline

CrazyColoradan

haha okay :p

HeroChat Really pissed me off and I nearly raged a drill bit into my Computer Screen, I tried everything to get the people to Auto Join all the chat channels but it never worked So I pretty much Gave up on that plugin

4. Offline

In_Craft

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  5. Offline

ZeroZX4

if you use essentials + essentials chat its here

i allready get rid of <> but you still need to keep {} they wont be visible in the game

############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # | EssentialsChat | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Or with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '{DISPLAYNAME}&f: {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
    # Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If your using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.