Question Can you make a warp sign usable without users having permission to /warp to that area?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Queby, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Queby

I am currently trying to make a dungeon, where it costs $500 per attempt, because of a reward system. I want the sign to be usable for all users, but I don't want them to be able to just do /warp dungeon. Is there a way to only allow use of the sign and not the command?
    Here is my permissions folder: https://pastebin.com/XXpbpXZD

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2018
  2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Queby
    Depends on which plugin you use for the signs. If the plugin just simply makes the player issue the command, then no (unless you do something hacky like below). You would need a plugin that specifically warps the player for them instead of having the player send the command.

In case you are using a plugin that requires the player to have the permission in order to use the command, a work around would be to chain the commands so the first command gives the player the permission, the second one sends the command, and the third one removes it. However, this does run into the problem where, for example, an OP/ person with the permission to use /warp will have that permission removed if they use the sign. For ops, you would need a work-around for this in order to allow them to use this method.

However, In my opinion, it is better to find or have someone make a plugin that would have the warping and money directly built in, so that you don't need to do that hack.

3. Offline

qBenPlays

If you do have essentials and use their warps, you can set the signs 3rd line to "Everyone without qoutes to allow any user to warp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.