can we have a new rb please

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by mrgreaper, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrgreaper

due to the teleportation errors and lag we tried a dev build, build 823 and it works great, but theres been heaps of fixs since but the rb has stayed at the slightly broken 818

gmore70 likes this.
  2. Offline

TheMadMan697

im sure there is one due soon now but they shouldnt rush things. its better to have the new RB as stable as possible. if you want to upgrade to a non RB then i think up as far as 839 doesnt have any big changes that break lots of plugins.

3. Offline

compgurusteve

I'm content on waiting for a stable RB build, I don't want to have a repeat of the teleportation/spawning incidents were all having.

4. Offline

mrgreaper

compgurusteve thats why we tried a dev build, 823 fixed that error for us just seems strange that there keeping 818 as an rb when it has so many problems

gmore70 likes this.
  5. Offline

Drakia

There will be a new RB when the bukkit team deems a build worthy of being recommended. If you ask me, 818 was the result of giving in to posts such as this asking for a new RB instead of being patient.

6. Offline

gmore70

I so agree. My server is getting SLAUGHTERED. Players teleport to wrong place. Newbies spawn all over the map. Certain key strokes make you suddenly jump to the wrong map...Its so hard for me to manage as an admin. Almost to the point I will just walk away, its too much to keep going.

Yes, but on the otherside of the coin, Minecraft servers are losing their populations. Mine has because of Notch's latest fail, then it takes so long to get it back to normal - whats it been 3 or 4 weeks now and I am still not back to normal. I know by the time we get the servers back, Notch will release 1.7, then we start this all over again. Wondering...is it really worth the effort. I cant help but thing that Minecraft's glory days are behind us.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  7. Offline

Blackstorm72

I heard Minecraft Alpha was outstanding. I missed the Alpha price by 3 days.

8. Offline

anonymous

What do you expect from a game that is in development? There will be bugs, there will be updates. Thats how development works :S

9. Offline

SpaceManiac

The Bukkit devs are hard at work ironing out as many bugs as possible, but rest assured they know 818 has issues and are just as eager as you to release a new and better RB.

10. Offline

Hisui

I second the "new RB please" motion. I ask the Bukkit team to please consider that server hosts such as Multiplay strictly update their Bukkit software to Recommended Builds only, with no way to manually upload newer builds. This means Multiplay-hosted Minecraft servers depend entirely on the Bukkit team's Recommended Build releases to receive new bug fixes and features. So, since there have been a good 50 updates since the last RB, please put one up soon!

11. Offline

andrewkm

Why does it have to be RB? lol.
    Use 857 guys, im on it now, and have ZERO tp issues. Its.... mint.

12. Offline

Hisui

Do try reading my post. =(

13. Offline

andrewkm

I wasnt referring to you lol, just saying in general, only read the title to be honest.

14. Offline

zipfe

You can't have it both ways.

Either run your own box, with full rights and whatever build and modification you like, or rent an out-of-the-box solution thing.

15. Offline

LEOcab

What are you guys going on about...? [pig]

I didn't have any of these problems with #818 and I don't have any problems with #839 right now besides those caused by known bugs in the base Minecraft server version. The only reason I updated to #839 was because I read several people mention how this famous "furnace lag" bug got fixed in that release, even though I never experienced the effects of the bug in #818.

16. can we please have a end to these threads please.
    Due to people making these threads, the bukkit team has to slow down thinking there might be real information here, so they read it. and waste time. and now because of threads like this, theres still no rb.

(helpful hint: i've been on irc all day, EvilSeph has been talking about getting one out today, we've all been testing it)

Jeyge likes this.
  17. Offline

EvilSeph

New Recommended Build b860 is now available.

This build is mainly a bugfix release that addresses many issues we've noticed since b818 was made available and contains no API breaks so plugins should work fine. Updating is HIGHLY recommended, but please backup your server before updating, as usual.

Notable changes include:
    Fixed:
    Fixed cross world teleporting.
    Made map cursors rotate independently for every player shown on a map.
    Fixed environment handling.
    Fixed nether not having the right dimension.
    Fixed chunks saving more than they need to.
    Fixed chunk you teleport into not loading.
    Fixed Entity Damaged by Entity event firing twice when players damage each other.
    Fixed durability changing whether or not damage actually occurred.
    Fixed IPv6 support in NetworkManager.
    Prevent effects of tickrate degradation on item pickups
    Prevent effects of tickrate degradation on furnaces
    Improved Nether portal handling.
    Fixed client-side weather occuring when multiworld is in use.
    Fixed redstone current being sent even if a BlockPlace was canceled.
    Fixed support for multiworld beds.
    Improved CreatureSpawnEvent.
    Made Squids (Water Animals) obey the spawn-animals setting.
    Fixed Creepers being killed even if their Explosion Prime event was canceled.
    Fixed trapdoors not updating their state if a Player Interact event was canceled.
    Exempted Vehicles from Entity.java's sanity check.
    Fixed the value of empty YAML nodes being written as "null".
    Fixed fireball explosions not producing fire.
    Fixed clay generation.
    Fixed canceled lightning strikes dealing damage.
    Fixed from and two worlds being the same for PlayerTeleportEvents for cross world teleports
    (NOTE: As a result, PlayerTeleport no longer fires for using Nether portals, you must now use the 1.6 Portal events like PlayerPortal).

Added:
    Added support for custom chunk generators and block populators.
    Re-added per-world PVP setting support for plugins.
    Added unloadWorld functionality for plugins.
    Added ChunkSnapshot for plugins.
    Added UniqueIDs for entities for plugins.
    Added more control over block placement on interactable objects.
    Added events related to Nether portals.
    Added sendChunkChange method for plugins.
    Made it possible for plugins to prevent punching out fires.
    Added an EntityTame event.
    Added createExplosion method for plugins.
    Added playSound/Effect methods for plugins.
    Added the world name to the player logged in log message.
    Added ItemSpawn event.

Updating is HIGHLY recommended as this build improves stability and fixes many, many bugs as well as adds many new features, as you can see above.

18. Offline

mrgreaper

Thank you majorly appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.