Can someone compile that for me?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iwitrag, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iwitrag

https://github.com/ProjectApexMC/NexusGrinder

Hello,

can please someone compile this github project for me? So make JAR plugin from it.

I cannot do that myself, I have tried to import it via cloning git repo URI and I have tried also compiling with maven eclipse plugin (from pom file) but it just showed me over 100 errors, because I have probably made something wrong.

Thanks for compiling

EDIT: It's under GNU licence, so free to compile / edit, but without licence changes.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

iwitrag Why not ask them for a jar instead? Just create a new issue.

iwitrag likes this.
  3. Offline

iwitrag

It's dead project, I have messaged both authors but no reply. They had page on bukkit but it's deleted.
    You guys on bukkit are my last hope

4. Offline

Crud41

Sadly for you, it is against the rules to ask DEVs to modify or even compile an existing plugin.
    If it isn't, you are on the wrong thread.

5. Offline

tcvs

iwitrag if you are getting a bunch of errors it might just be too outdated.

6. Offline

iwitrag

Crud41
    I see on you that you DONT WANT to help, so why are you writing there? You just want to find a way how to not help me - it's against the rules and if not, wrong thread... and if not wrong thread, then ... you will always find something. imho lol. But not meant to flame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU

And well, I'm asking for a plugin - it's not the whole new plugin, only compiling, but the result is JAR file just like in regular plugin request. I thought it would be better category than bukkit help. Sorry for that.

tcvs please can you compile it? Just give it a try... it should be for 1.7.2 , but I think I have done something wrongly cuz I'm not a developer and I have only tried it, but I was not sure what was I doing.

7. Offline

Crud41

iwitrag

Please familiarize yourself with the rules before you begin flaming somebody who is simply following them. "Modifying or Fixing" is applied to compiling existing plugins, as it is considered "Fixing". Hence why I said:

To which you decided to get upset and start overly dramatically questioning my existence on the forums simply for telling you: "You are on the wrong thread", which you are. It is called "Plugin Requests" and not "Post here for plugin compiles" for a reason. Before you mindlessly and ignorantly begin flaming a DEV, try to know the forum rules.

RAFA_GATO_FOFO and timtower like this.
  8. Offline

tcvs

iwitrag first off I am currently too busy to do so I am not home and the forum rules are not to modify... Sorry :/

timtower likes this.
  9. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Yeah, some people also say that of my plugins on dev.bukkit, till they comment and I respond in a couple hours.
    Create the issue on github, it is possible that they just don't watch bukkit anymore.
    And btw iwitrag, the user is pretty active on github, still for bukkit, just not on the forums

tcvs likes this.
  10. Offline

iwitrag

Okay, I have made new Issue, thanks

11. Offline

tcvs

iwitrag now just be patient. They may not respond for a few days.

12. Offline

Iroh

Locked.
    While this is not modifying an existing plugin compiling unknown plugins is not something that belongs on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.