Can multiple people have their own private Nether portal?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ChrisX930, May 7, 2013.

1. Offline

ChrisX930

EDIT: Disregard this question. After a bit of playing around, and reading the Nether Portal wiki, we were able to figure out what we had to do.

For those who don't know, if you want to guarantee that the portal in the Nether always returns to a specific location, you have to go to the portal in the overworld and write down the x and z coordinate. Then you divide those numbers by 8, go into the Nether, and build a new portal at that location.

For example, let's say your portal in the overworld is at x 80, z 800 (to keep the math simple). 80 / 8 = 10 and 800 / 8 = 100.

So you would enter the Nether, go to x 8, z 100 (in the Nether) and build a new portal at that point. That portal will always return to the x80, z 800 portal in the overworld (as long as it's on of course).

If your friend's portal is at x -40, z 700 in the overworld, then he would go to the Nether and build a portal at x -5, z 88 (87.5 rounded up). Now as long as your friend exits the Nether using that portal, it will return him to his own portal.

Original question below:

A couple of friends and myself are playing on a private Minecraft server. (The most current version.) I was the first to create a Nether portal. I built my Nether portal in a private room underground. (Not a secret, my friends know about it, it's just private.)

When one of my other friends created his own portal at his place, we found out that if my portal is active, he goes into the Nether from his portal, and comes out through mine. I figured the solution would simply be to turn our portals off when not in use.

My question is, is there a way for each of us to have our own portal that we can go into and come out of?

2. Offline

ChrisX930