Question Can I use WorldEdit with PEX, Essentials, GriefPrevention and Citizens2

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KitsuneBoy, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KitsuneBoy

Hi,

I currently have these plugins installed on my server: PermissionsEx, Vault, GriefPrevention, Citizens, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn

I want to use WorldEdit as it will make it much easier for me to build my world using the tools available in WorldEdit such as schematics and so on but I have a few questions about WorldEdit that I don't seem able to find the answers too

1: Can I use WorldEdit with GriefPrevention and not WorldGuard
    All material relating to WorldEdit mentions WorldGuard and not GriefPrevention. Yes, I know that WorldGuard is a very powerful plugin but I don't want to use it. I use GriefPrevention - it is powerful, automated and allows server admin to create playable worlds that players can not alter, while at the same time giving players permission to manage and make their own claims. it also incorporates powerful anti spam and anti greif tools, such as limiting how much and how often players can use chat and allowing server admin to restore nature with a single click and resolve player disputes by force separating any shared claims. Thus; the automated nature of GriefPrevention is much better for my server, as my server staff aren't able to sit on the server 24/7

2: Can I use WorldEdit with PEX
    I use PermissionsEx for my permissions system as it hooks into vault and is compatible with EssentialsX and basically I don't want to use anything else. So, can I use PEX to limit access to WorldEdit for all players except myself (the owner group) and certain trusted members of the admin group. Again, all the stuff I have seen talks about using WorldGuard and doesn't mention any other permissions system.

3: Is WorldEdit compatible with Vault
    I guess this is not so important if it is not, as long as it won't interfere with Vault in any way

4: Can I use WorldEdit and EssentialsX
    My server is based on top of EssentialsX and uses it not only for my economy but for almost all of the features available to players and server staff. I have tried to find out if WorldEdit will interfere with EssentialsX but I can't seem to find anything in that regard. I suppose I could assume that means it doesn't but I would rather be safe than sorry.

5: Will WorldEdit affect my use of Citizens2
    I use Citizens2 to create things like shop owners/traders, builders, sentries, town/village/city guards and active denizens that provide interactive NPCs for my players. Again, I can't find any information that says whether or not WorldEdit will interfere with this plugin and I would rather be safe than sorry.

6: Will WorldEdit affect the performance of my server
    I know on the WorldEdit page, it specifically says that it doesn't affect the performance of your server when it is not in use. How accurate is that statement though and how much does it affect your server when it is in use? This is not really a problem as I have plenty of server resources but I would rather go into using WorldEdit knowing what to expect rather than - I wasn't expecting to have to assign more resources right now.

Hopefully, you guys and gals out there who currently use WorldEdit will be able to answer my questions about it and put my mind at rest

Cheers
    Jay

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@KitsuneBoy
    1. WorldGuard is optional for WorldEdit
    2. Yes
    3. It is not related in any way. So yes it will work.
    4. Yes
    5. No
    6. Only when you use it.
      It is a command based plugin, does nothing on its own.
      Big edits are the biggest server killers when using WorldEdit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.