Can i play custom audio stream on server ?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by kumasro, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kumasro

Hello, i need to play custom audio stream in minecraft. Can i play my custom audio from for example dropbox direct link ? Or radio audio stream url ? With plugin no mods ?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@kumasro Not possible unless y0u want to play noteblock music.

Shortninja66 likes this.
  3. Offline

evilguy4000

Music, yes. You can use a custom resourcepack to play music or you can play noteblock music via a file. Streaming no because minecraft doesnt have a music player function

Shortninja66 likes this.
  4. Offline

teej107

kumasro likes this.
  5. Offline

kumasro

Thanks so much :)

6. Offline

Konato_K

@kumasro Another alternative a client mod that knows how to handle your "dropbox" link or so would also do the job.

7. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@kumasro
    You could use my Music plugin (link in my signature) to play custom "loops" (sounds that play after ___ seconds). You can use custom sounds and you can set the delay between loops.

8. Offline

MCMatters

You can't stream from mp3 or anything unless you get a mod to do so.

9. Offline

au2001

@kumasro You can technically install a custom ressource pack that will just contain a music...

Create a zip file containing the ogg file replacing any sound in the game (or put several ogg file replacing different sounds so that you don't have to download a new one every 3 minutes) then use the Player#setResourcePack method.
    You would have to host the zip file on an externally accessible server, so that players can download them.
    Before playing the music I suggest you to use Player#getResourcePack to check if the player installed the ressource pack if not, send him a message in the chat and don't play the sound.

That would be a cool and challenging plugin to do :)

You can also, as @timtower said, transform the music to note blocks and play it. Making the song by hand would always look better though, so you could make a config where you program your note block musics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.