BukkitDev Linking Returns

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by ZeldoKavira, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZeldoKavira Administrator Curse

Hey all!

The BukkitDev account linking feature is now available and working. We know you guys have been wanting this fixed for some time but we felt that the best way was to update the forums and then reintegrate the linker (We knew the forums update would break the old linker).

If you previously linked your accounts all this information was saved and you do not need to relink your accounts.

You will find that this linker is slightly different than the old one when you try to do your account registration. First thing that is different is that the link is gone from your user profile bar at the top of the forums.

[​IMG]

Instead you are going to click on the "Personal Details" button to navigate to your user profile edit page. Here you will find a new field that asks for your BukkitDev information.

[​IMG]

This is now where you enter your BukkitDev username. Once you have entered your username you click on the "Generate Token" button.

[​IMG]

Once you press the button the area will expand with some information and your hash. (Don't attempt to try and use mine, its unique :)). Once you have this hash you can navigate over to your BukkitDev account page and edit your signature (it provides a nifty link that opens this is a new page/tab for you). Once you are on that screen you just paste this key anywhere in your description. After doing this (and saving your signature!) you can return to your profile page and click on the "Verify Account" setting. After clicking it you will see the button change to "Checking... Please wait...". Don't do anything else! This process can take some time especially if you have quite a few projects. Once finished a popup message will alert you to let you know if it was successful or not.

[​IMG]
    (Yes I know successfully is spelled wrong, oops :p)

[​IMG]

If you get the first image you are good to go! However if you get the second image and you are 100% sure the your signature is correct on BukkitDev PM an admin with your BukkitDev username and as much information as to what you tried as possible. I can then use this to try and debug why your account is not linking properly. Once this is done your information will show up like it did previously under your username in posts, and on your userpage as the dominate tab when the page is loaded. Please note that any changes you make to your project can take up to 6 hours to appear on the forums.

[​IMG]
    (I show Tim because he is a Ninja, and I must reveal his secrets!)

Thanks!
    Zeldo

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  2. Offline

zombiekiller753

@ZeldoKavira

You have 0 plugins... but you have 3?

Your system is broken

3. Offline

I have 3 MC mods, not bukkit plugins

4. Offline

zombiekiller753

5. Offline

Eepmageep

If a user gets banned from Forums or Dev, could they get banned on the other?
    Not just in most cases, but for any reason?

6. Offline

Serious question? :confused:

That is up to the admin that is banning them.

7. Thanks for updating the system!

8. To me, the wink he implies that he's joking.

9. Yay! :) Thanks for adding this back.

10. Offline

nverdier

YES! Thanks a lot! Can finally link the two!

11. I found a bug. After clicking on the Verify Account button and the action is processed, the text in the button becomes editable, as seen in the screenshot below. It's not the biggest thing in the world, but I figured I'd let you know about it.

http://screencloud.net/v/C9Rt

12. Offline

Fixed, thank you!

The Gaming Grunts likes this.
  13. System doesn't appear to be able to tell the difference between someone who hasn't linked their account and someone who has but has not published a plugin on BukkitDev (on the forum profile page).

14. Offline

Whoops! Fixed that. Thanks :)

15. Awesome.

ChipDev likes this.
  16. Sorry, such a dumb question :eek: but I cant the verify account button! Really confused:oops: Thanks for any help!

17. Online

timtower Ninja on the waves Moderator

http://bukkit.org/account/personal-details
    Below your location and above the "about me" text block.

8BITCRUM likes this.
  18. Offline

nverdier

It appears in the same place as "Generate Key" or whatever that is when you press it.

8BITCRUM likes this.
  19. Thank you both :)

20. Offline

You had your signature set to Plain Text mode. This forces it to all be treated as plain text instead of HTML/BBCode. I have gone ahead and switched it back to BBCode for you :p

Edit: You also do not need to keep that in your signature. Once the accounts are linked its a done deal and you can remove it.

21. You fake offline? ;-;
    Nice job :D Linking my accounts right now.

22. Offline

Epicdog

Awesome job Zeldo,
    I'm sure most people are very excited with the linking system back up :)
    also , Google Chrome FTW!

23. Offline

nverdier

@ZeldoKavira So I just noticed that my plugins aren't shown anymore when you go to my profile :/ They just went away... The accounts are still linked, and the bukkitDev account still has the plugins, but you can't see them on my bukkit forums profile page.

24. @nverdier
    You can. You just need to click the BukkitDev Tab.

25. Offline

nverdier

@mrCookieSlime Ok now it's fixed..... I know that :p but it said "This user hasn't posted any plugins" or something like that. Nevertheless, it's fixed now.

26. Offline

nverdier

@uvbeenzaned
    1) DMCA'd
    2) How so?
    3) They can't post anything, so why bother?
    4) Spigot is a fork of Bukkit. They took the code from the Bukkit team and modified it.

If you don't know what you're talking about, I really don't recommend posting stuff like this.

27. @nverdier Bleh, who cares. I don't even feel like repeating myself all over again. Been through this a million times on other DMCA threads and crap.

28. Offline

nverdier

@uvbeenzaned
    1) Everyone cares. Nobody likes people repeatedly being wrong.
    2) Please, don't repeat yourself if you're wrong.
    3) Again, been through being wrong on other threads?

But this is getting off topic, let's stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.