Bukkit with McMyAdmin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Reconnoob, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Reconnoob

Is it possible to use Bukkit with McMyAdmin? If so, can someone please reply on how to. I have tried adding Bukkit in the addons area, but it is not working. Any Help is appreciated ;)

2. Offline

Hamish_G

I do not think McMyAdmin/Bukkit are compatible yet.

3. Offline

pagangeek

Its quite easy, and in fact... now CraftBukkit is in the 100+ range works almost flawlessly.

Firstly, remove all traces of hMod. That's a crucial step.
    Then, download the latest snapshots of Bukkit and CraftBukkit.
    Rename CraftBukkit to minecraft_server.jar and then upload both to the root of your MCMyAdmin Install (where the previous minecraft_server.jar was!)

As Bukkit doesn't currently have Groups/Permissions natively built in, i'm using MCMyAdmin's groups to provide basic Whitelisting functions.

Then just hit Start Server in your panel..
    TADAAA!
    I'd suggest following the many guides found in the forums for setting up CraftBukkit fully along with using the General Plugin to replicate basic Hmod functionality.

Bugs I've noticed:
    Stopping the Server requires the use of the Force Stop button.
    Server is prone to the occasional random restart. But if you've got your auto-saves on then it won't be too much of an issue.
    Messages from the Console to the Players are a little sketchy... sometimes you'll need to use /#say instead of just typing..

Good Luck!
    Hopefully, once we get a Bukkit Release Candidate, PhonicUK will fix the few remaining bugs.

4. Offline

Obsidian

pagangeek, you tried stopping the server using the in-game commands at all? You'll want to avoid force stop as that just kills the process without running the save-all and any garbage-collection beforehand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.