Bukkit Version.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Andrexx, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Andrexx

So I recently got a dedicated server and got all my plugins loaded on there, the plugins broke because they (Dedicated server host) updated the version. The thing is I'm not even sure what version I have to try to get things working again the only info I got is
    "CraftBukkit Mod - 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT 02/01/2011"
    Is there any simple way to find out what version I'm on?

Thank you,
    Andrexx.

2. Offline

Tazzernator

3. Offline

Timberjaw

@Tazzernator It sounds like the host is managing updates, not @Andrexx

You could try the version command if you have console access. It doesn't return the build # on the version I'm using (218), but I think I heard it was supposed to for newer versions.

4. Offline

Tazzernator

Oh i see.

5. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

You may type "/version" ingame or "version" in the console. You'll see something like "git-Bukkit-0.0.0-322-g95c4bdc-b239"

The "g95c4bdc" is the git SHA1 it was built from, with a 'g' on the start. You can go to https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit/commit/95c4bdc to view the commit.

The b239 is the build number, with a 'b' on the start.

6. Offline

Andrexx

Sadly it doesn't look like I have access to console and when I type /version in-game I get "This server is running CraftBukkit version 1.2_01" and "This server is also sporting some funky dev build of Bukkit".

7. Offline

Plague

That's a pretty damn old craftbukkit you have there :)

8. Offline

Andrexx

Alright I got them to update it now says "This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-323-g29e96e1-b241. (MC: 1.2_01)" Hopefully that isn't as ancient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.