Bukkit still being used?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by KristyStevens, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Offline

KristyStevens

Hi,

I use to run a server at least 4-5 years ago. Back then I was using bukkit for the plugins and what not. I just set up a new server this past week using bukkit, but I get the feeling that its not being used anymore from what I've read? I only run simple plugins and 10 plugins maximum. I stick close to vanilla. Is bukkit ok or should I be using something new? I'm lacking 5 years of knowledge regarding changes and what is now mainstream. Thank you for the help.

2. Offline

timtower Ninja on the waves Moderator

@KristyStevens Bukkit is still ok, don't see any reason why it is not.

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@KristyStevens
    Bukkit is still fine. If you just want a server to host plugins that you found on BukkitDev, then bukkit is fine.

However, I would actually recommend using Spigot instead. The core server provides many optimizations and other features that bukkit does not. Also, since spigot is just a fork of bukkit, all bukkit plugins should still work on spigot, and spigot has more features for developers, so you may need to use spigot if you use newer plugins.

Either way, since you say you used to run a server 5 years ago, you may not know about how to get bukkit/spigot. Since you can no longer download the updated jars, you will need to use spigot's BuildTools to build the server jars. Here's the link to more information on how to use it:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/buildtools-updates-information.42865/

4. Offline

OneHitYouSitM8

Yo where is that RPG stats addon from ages back? like you would mine and level up and the higher the level you might get double ore ect...? anyone know?

5. Offline

KarimAKL

I'm not sure but could you be talking about mcMMO? Seems to be outdated on Bukkit.