Bukkit Server Help!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by rockrboy121, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rockrboy121

Hi, I'm using the CraftBukkit software to make a Prison server on my Windows Vista desktop. I keep trying to double-click the 'run.bat' file and what it says is 'C:\Users\Minecraft Dude\Desktop\Bukkit>java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar -craftbukkit.jar -o true Error: Unable to access jarfile true C:\Users\Minecraft Dude\Desktop\Bukkit>PAUSE Press any key to continue...'. I'm wondering if the bold words indicate that I entered something wrong in the run.bat file and I want to know what (if it's incorrect) to put in to make it run properly.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@rockrboy121 Could you post your run.bat and a screenshot of the server directory?

3. Offline

rockrboy121

@timtower the server directory meaning the folder that I have all my files in ?

4. Offline

That is indeed what I mean.

5. Offline

rockrboy121

My computer isn't seeming to allow me to do Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot that I took using PrintScr on my keyboard.

Can I put the information on here manually for you?

The server directory is the following: (list implied)
    • white-list
    • server
    • server.log.lck
    • server.log.2.lck
    • server.log.2
    • server.log.1.lck
    • server.log.1
    • server
    • run (the run.bat file)
    • permissions
    • ops
    • help
    • craftbukkit.jar
    • bukkit
    • banned-players
    • banned-ips
    • world_the_end
    • world_nether
    • world
    • plugins
    The following is what comes up when I double-click run.bat:

C:\Users\Minecraft Dude\Desktop\Bukkit>java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar -craftbukkit.jar -o true
    Error: Unable to access jarfile true

C:\Users\Minecraft Dude\Desktop\Bukkit>PAUSE
    Press any key to continue . . .

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  6. Offline

Boomer

"...please paste the contents of your run.bat file" was asked as well. What comes up doesn't matter much compared to what you're trying to do.

Select the craftbukkit.jar file, right-click and get its properties.
    Make sure its not craftbukkit.jar.jar in the full filename (windows can hide extensions sometimes and you've got two)
    Also, indicate how big the filesize is in bytes and let us know what version of craftbukkit you are trying to run (1.6.4, 1.7.2, 1.7.9, 1.8.3 etc) - its possible your file is way too small to be a launchable craftbukkit file (and may indeed be not a craftbukkit file at all)

7. Offline

rockrboy121

The file is 12,936,237 bytes and I think I'm running 1.8.3

8. Offline

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

9. Offline

rockrboy121

So you do still need to see my run.bat file?

10. Offline

Boomer

Yeaah, that doesn't sound right.
    Craftbukkit for 1.7.9 rolled in at 19,xxx,xxx and the current spigot-build craftbukkit is at 18,xxx,xxx A 12meg file hasn't been the case for years.

The file may be corrupt, or is not a craftbukkit.jar after all

11. Make sure you're getting the Craftbukkit.jar from spigotmc.org. I do not recommend trying to find a pre-compiled jar, as there is no guarantee that it matches the current release that Spigot has put out. Instead, be sure you're using their method to get your jar files:

Go to spigotmc.org and download BuildTools.jar

Have GIT installed on your computer.

Do a git bash, and run java -jar BuildTools.jar

Wait a few minutes while it does its thing, then:

You'll have the most up to date versions of Craftbukkit, and Spigot directly from the source.

12. Offline

rockrboy121

@Boomer I just took a guess, so you're most likely right. I downloaded it from softonic.com, so it's probably the wrong type of file.

@BaltimoreCalling is the file that says BuildTools.jar (June 10, 2015) the correct file?

okay, I'll try

How exactly would I run the BuildTools.jar through bash? (I'm sorry for asking so many questions, I'm new to this stuff)

So, what do I do with the files work, Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot, BuildData, apache-maven-3.2.5, and mvn.zip?

EDIT by Timtower: merged 5 posts, has to be a record

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  13. Offline

Boomer

the spigot download link has an excellent step-by-step instruction to follow out

14. Offline

oceantheskatr

@Boomer Even though Spigot has perfectly good instructions, they can be a bit hard to follow.

@rockrboy121 I made a video on how to obtain Spigot/Craftbukkit 1.8+, here is the video :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.