Bukkit server and client-side plugins/mods?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by creepycreeper, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

creepycreeper

So, my first post in the bukkit forums, well, here I go.

I bet some of you out there have heard of client side mods that get ported to servers rite? Take the wild grass and tree mod on the plugins list. That proves that this is possible. So, i was wondering whether any other epic client side mods could be made available for bukkit servers. I wouldn't mind having each of my friends installing the client side mods as installing the gun mod would be all worth it.

Or, is it already possible? Do i just take client side mods and stuff them in craftbukkit-b***.jar? And ask each of my users to instsall the mod in their mc? I have been thinking about this for a rather long while now and finally i got the guts to register and post it. My OP on minecraftforums didn't garner quite a response, so I'm hoping I'll get more help here.

I really love bukkit and I think it's awesome with all it's plugins and all. But it would make it much more awesome if the above thing worked out. :p

Sincerely,
    creepycreeper

No one? Is this not explanatory enough? Just post a reply so I know this post got through

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

Your post got through, but I'm not sure.. I know that theres one though, you can play music but its a plugin mixed with client/server side.

3. Offline

creepycreeper

Oh, well, music isn't really something that would be too great. I was thinking more to the humans+ or Milenaire kind of thing. Thanks for replying anyway.

4. Offline

Phaedrus

Maybe if a modding API ever gets worked out it might become possible. Right now it's only possible for mostly cosmetic things. More complex game play changing stuff would take a ton of work on the part of bukkit developers. A well defined API would give client-side modders, server-side modders like bukkit, and minecraft common ground to work on. Right now it's a mess.

5. Offline

creepycreeper

OH, that's too bad. SO you mean I can't just dump the class files in craftbukkit.jar and installl it cleint side and be done with it?

6. Offline

Phaedrus

that's right

7. Offline

creepycreeper

DAng it, well. Thanks for your help. I guess a village would be kinda possible with the NPCX plugin but it would take a ton of work. FIrst thread went well, thanks a lot. ( not sarcastic )

8. Offline

Navist

As a modder, I have had this issue come up many times, Author of the TNT Mod, my server players are dieing for me to release a server side version. The only problem is that Bukkit is deobfuscated(Decrypted) and the normal minecraft_servers are Obfuscated(Encrypted). I have tried to recompile the bukkit files after adding in my mod but was unsuccessful if any other modders come up with a solution I would love to hear it.

Hmm I just successfully compiled the files I have to modify the only problem is part of the "Block.class" has an invalid int attached to it and I had to change it to compile. When that was done it broke the server run capabilities -_-

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
    sinkir likes this.
  9. Offline

creepycreeper

Hey everyone, thanks for the helpful replies. I hadn't really expected a reply after a while. I don't really understand what u just said, but I guess it's good!:) i don't know a single bit about modding or class files. :p So, good luck with it. If i get some time, then I'll try to learn it. I didn't know many people were asking for this, as I haven't seen any threads like this.

THanks!

10. Offline

sinkir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.