bukkit please do a release for next 1.9 pre-release

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by mrgreaper, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Don Redhorse

and what happens if the map generation code changes before final release? or we get another one with 2.0 ???

2. Offline

mrgreaper

tbh i would take a possible change over a forsure change
    we went to a vanilla server (pre release 4)
    we have had no issues with it (its actualy been more stable then bukkit, no offense ment)

we did need a new map, were loving the new generator, im hopping that full release wont need another map, were all waiting for bukkit to catch up but unfortunatly untill mojang release an actual 1.9 bukkit wont/cant do a craftbukkit for it, annoying but hey its there time and thier code.

having a 1.8.1 with the 1.9 generator would help people who havent made the move be ready , too late for us but i still feel it would be useful

3. Offline

saul100

This quote is taken from here. An accouncement by EvilSeph. Find it here

4. Offline

Abrupt

quick question, not sure if anyone knows as of yet:
    in 1.9, NPCs are functional within minecraft. does this mean that there will be an API for creating NPCs as well now?

5. Offline

mrgreaper

why are you quoting that? read my last post,

we know bukkit wont do it, doesnt stop us from wanting them too or stop us from discussing it

6. Offline

saul100

Because it's the official quote of an admim.
    kthainxbye

7. Offline

Drakia

As I said in the other 1.9PR thread, Bukkit is open source, go and make a 1.9PR build yourself if you want. Oh wait, you can't, because it's not easy and takes a LOT of work...

8. Offline

mrgreaper

posted as you did it came across as "this is what will happen, no point discussing it"
    we know they will not release a 1.9 build but we are entitled to discus why we think its needed, we are not demanding it or having a go at them. if you think it would be of no benifit then say so but dont just quote a refusal in the sense that it should end all discussion

9. Offline

aPunch

There really isn't really any reason to have an API for Villager NPCs as they don't actually do anything. They are just like regular mobs, so you'll be able to spawn them and do anything to them that you can to a normal mob.

Abrupt likes this.
  10. Offline

mrgreaper

thats a shame, i realise you use citizens (the banner is a bit blatent lol) but i found that the config was too badly done near impossible to get iconomy used, and fulwall (the creator) insists on having him as a mob wandering around, then there was an issue of severe lag that went when it was removed..then tried it again on a new build and npcs launched every time you placed them.

npctraders was good, but the dev seemed to just leave :(

npcx, much more powerful then citizens, the guard patrols etc and key word pickups in chat, but again its abandoned and the commands are extremly complicated.

i was hopeful that a official npc support would improve things :(

11. Offline

saul100

answer. NO

12. No.BS

13. Is this discussion still going on?

Funny, I thought it would have ende...

Locked: No useful information coming out of this thread, only reports :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.