Question Bukkit player data .dat files

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by apterix, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

apterix

(1) Is it possible to store all of this data generated by bukkit in sql?
    /home/mysuser/survival/world/.dat > sql

(2) If yes, how is the method or where I have to change?

(3) If I already have .dat files and is possivle to configure bukkit to use sql, how can I convert or which method do you suggest to store all .dat files in sql.

I am concerned about file system and sql performance. There is no doubt that sql can scale much more.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@apterix Lets start simple: why do you want this?
    Probably is possible to just plain convert the files but I don't know if you can overwrite the save method.

3. Offline

apterix

Because when some plugin or system need to load playerdata, it will use a lot of time to find its information (because we have a lot of .dat files).

Maybe one policy to drop old users will improve this performance, but certainly it will only put water on fire.

Do you agree? If not, let me know why =)

4. Online

@apterix Every player has a different file, finding a single file might take less time then performing a query on a huge database and converting the database stuff to objects able to be used.

If this was an actual issue then I think that Mojang would have done about it already.
    Performance is one of the reasons why somebody would split large things (like the world) in multiple sections (see the chunk data).

5. Offline

apterix

Do you have this kind of problem performance with dat files?

6. Online

@apterix No, that is why I find it weird that you want this. Because they work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.