Bukkit has lag :D

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Arcaian, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Arcaian

Is 3GHz , quad core, 4gb of RAM, 1tb hard drive good enough to run a bukkit server with ONLY ME CONNECTING, or with my bro also connecting , via LAN ?
    I was running it fine untill the 1.4 update, when everything started to lag. I have now started the server completely again, from scratch. It wasn't an improvement. I can no longer join the server myself because of lag, but it it fine for my brother.
    Here are the plugins I am running:
    Craftbook
    McMMO
    Towny
    ChestLock
    ecoCreature
    iConomy
    Nethrar
    Permissions
    I am using Windows 7, 64-BIT, JAVA 1.6.0_ 23-b0f, CB670, no wrappers, I'm not getting an error, and I have tried without plugins and still get lag. Normal minecraft server works fine. My plugins are all up to date, I downloaded them about an hour ago.
    And I am using this to start my server:
    @Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE
    Anyone know why I am getting this lag ? Should I change the 1G to 2G ?

Bump :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  2. Offline

Valrix

I suggest better garbage collection is all. Bumping the max to 2g will help too, but ultimately you just need better garbage collection.

3. Offline

Arcaian

And what would you recommend for better garbage collection ? Is there anyway to do it ?
    And it still does it with a new map, just in case that was the problem :D

4. Offline

SirHedgehog

There are about 5 threads in this forum, posted on recently, about the lag issue. Have a look around.

5. i have lagg also. . . wtf

6. Offline

Arcaian

@SirHedgehog - Which of those posts actually have an answer in them ?

7. Offline

SirHedgehog

So you find 'n' number of threads with no answer and think the solution is to post yet another thread? Besides, there are answers. What has worked for some people is to install MobLimiter and disable squids and slimes.

8. Offline

Arcaian

OK, I had all mobs disabled anyway :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.