Bukkit F***ed up my SERVER! :@

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Andree.r, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Andree.r

Hello! [​IMG]
    I installed bukkit today because hey0 (the awesome) is outdated and don't work anymore...
    Yea and when i start up my server... WTF!? Where am i? Snow land? What? I respawned in a random place? Now i can't find my house! Worked on the house in like 6 months with my friends...
    And it's extremely lagg on my server after installing BUKKIT... :S I'm getting really angry on this! :'(

R.I.P My House[​IMG]

2. Offline

Reil

Did you put your world folder in the same folder as your new Bukkit installation?

3. Offline

fffizzz

you probably used someting like exactspawn, which obviously wont work with bukkit.

Next, you should probably take note of the stickys at the top and help us, help you.

4. Offline

h0us3cat

Nice story.

1. rule #1 always make backups before you install anything new.
    2. Use a map render tool. (mcmap, cartograph, minecraft-overviewer, ect...).
    3. lag has nothing to do with craftbukkit.

5. Offline

RyanH100

Get hey0 server from recycle bin go into it and copy world and paste it into bukkit and replace.

6. Offline

DerpinLlama

Andree, do you have a backup?

7. Offline

Selbram

Bukkit is still in development and may eat your cake!

8. Offline

h0us3cat

nom nom :cake-smilie

9. Offline

TnT

It kicked my dog once too.

CraftBukkit isn't even released yet. So you went from a fully functional (yes, that can be debated) server mod, to a bleeding edge, unreleased, server mod. Did you expect everything to work the first time?

Besides, I'm sure you were doing proper backups anyway, so this really shouldn't be a problem.

10. Offline

Pezmantbh

[​IMG]
    I have to admit, I literally laughed out loud at sarcasm win :)

11. Offline

SeeD419

How much you wanna bet he didn't even copy the world file over?

XD

12. Offline

Pezmantbh

I actually made a reply with that in, but deleted it about 30 seconds later because I don't want to seem like a nasty person :p I like being nice on these forums :D

13. Offline

SeeD419

Well it certainly seems plausible wouldn't you say? lol

14. Offline

TnT

It was my first thought too, but I am going to assume the poster has read up on all he needs to know about CraftBukkit before taking on running the server. It seems like a logical assumption.

15. Offline

Andree.r

Bet how much you want... Loose all your money cuz i copied the world map... im not dumb dude
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 9:54 AM ---
    Well so are you going to tell me how to fix this? :eek:
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 9:54 AM ---
    No plugins used...
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 9:56 AM ---
    I didn't expect random spawn and holy lagg.

16. Offline

c0mp

If you have your homes.txt, or whatever the file was called from hMod, you could use MyHome to import your homes. Same could be done with your warps as well.

And the lag, well, that could be a number of things, and almost none of them have to do with CraftBukkit itself. Perhaps if you provide a bit of information about the server's environment, we might be able to identify what's going on there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.