Bukkit Custom Ban Message

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by WeFightCreepers, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

WeFightCreepers

Instead of it saying "The Ban Hammer has Spoken" I would like for it to say something like "Banned! Appeal @ <URL>". Is there a Plugin that can do this?

EDIT: i mean that I want it to say "Banned! Appeal @ <URL> when someone does /ban <username> the message would be shown when they are kicked from the server as a result of the /ban.

2. Offline

Dreeass

Use a different plugin first and Commandbook can.

WeFightCreepers likes this.
  3. Offline

WeFightCreepers

I use Essentials. CommandBook Conflicts with most of its commands/permissions nodes. Is there another way?

4. Offline

Drew1080

You could always make your own plugin to do this

5. Offline

Dreeass

Yes, it's very simple.

6. Offline

Drew1080

7. Offline

WeFightCreepers

I would but I don't know how to code Java.

8. Offline

mindless728

Then learn, as it has been said:

9. Offline

WeFightCreepers

No it's not, It's never easy to learn a new programming language. It took me two years to figure out VB.NET and HTML. I'm not gonna spend another two years of my time learning Java.

10. Offline

Sushi

Oh god, why would you lean VB.NET... If you knew C#.NET you would probably be able to pick up Java in a week.

Whatever, anyway, I think "The ban hammer has spoken!" is part of the essentials ban feature, so unless essentials gives you the ability to change the default message, your only other choice would be to install another plugin that conflicts with the Essentials ban command, but lets you customize the default ban message.

11. Offline

hamzaxx

If you want to change the default essentials ban message go into the essentials.jar and scroll down until you see "messages_en.properties" in there you can find all the messages essentials chat messages including the ban message!

12. Offline

astroskillz

To end the whole ridiculous discussion above me, with Essentials you can ban players with a reason. For example, you can use: /ban jesse131 Banned for spamming. They will then be disconnected with the message "Banned for spamming."

13. Offline

Brady_

Sorry to bump but I have the same question.

That's not what he wants though. He want's a custom message to show when they try to reconnect AFTER they are banned.

This is a solution if you want to just change the generic default message, but what if you want to display a different message for each banned player?

14. Offline

astroskillz

If you use /ban <player> <reason> , it will display that reason when trying to reconnect. You should know that.

15. Offline

Myst3ryKid

HTML simple! xD You make me laugh HTML is kindergarden for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.