Bukkit 1149 (MC1.8.1) Performance Issues

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dragos240, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dragos240

Strangely, my server appears to be slowing down without an obvious reason. This may not be related to the build. I realize this is a dev build and it has some bugs. However, I do believe they should be reported.

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?: Linux Centos5
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? 32 bit.
    3. What version and architecture is your java install?
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_20"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.8) (rhel-1.22.1.9.8.el5_6-i386)
    OpenJDK Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc?: Nope
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running?: 1149
    6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?: java -Xincgc -Xmx2256M -jar server.jar
    7. What plugins are you running?:
    Code:
    WorldGuard, PermissionsEx, MineBackup, ChatManager, SpawnControl, MultiHome, CraftBookCommon, mcbans, VirtualShop, WorldEdit, DelayedStop, Permissions, Multiverse-Core, BlockLog, OKB3, CraftBookCircuits, RegionMarket, LagMeter, Multiverse-NetherPortals, DropChest, CraftBookMechanisms, CraftBookVehicles, Honeypot, Modifyworld, TntMiner, MiningTNT, CommandBook, iConomy, NoLagg, Multiverse-Portals, Jobs

8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file)?: None
    Strangely, my server appears to be slowing down without an obvious reason. This may not be related to the build. I realize this is a dev build and it has some bugs. However, I do believe they should be reported.

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?: Linux Centos5
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? 32 bit.
    3. What version and architecture is your java install?
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_20"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.8) (rhel-1.22.1.9.8.el5_6-i386)
    OpenJDK Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc?: Nope
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running?: 1149
    6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?: java -Xincgc -Xmx2256M -jar server.jar
    7. What plugins are you running?:
    Code:
    WorldGuard,  PermissionsEx, MineBackup, ChatManager, SpawnControl, MultiHome,  CraftBookCommon, mcbans, VirtualShop, WorldEdit, DelayedStop,  Permissions, Multiverse-Core, BlockLog, OKB3, CraftBookCircuits,  RegionMarket, LagMeter, Multiverse-NetherPortals, DropChest,  CraftBookMechanisms, CraftBookVehicles, Honeypot, Modifyworld, TntMiner,  MiningTNT, CommandBook, iConomy, NoLagg, Multiverse-Portals, Jobs

8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file)?: None
    9. What have you tried already?: Shutting down and restarting the server, thinking that may help. Instead of taking 30 seconds to start up, it took close to 5 minutes. I have no idea why it did this.
    10. N/A

Now for more detailed info. The server has been running for around 6 hours or so. Every hour it seems to slow down for no obvious reason.
    Using /lag tells me it ranges widely in performance at any given time. It can range from 13tps to 20.
    Using /debug info from CommandBook gives me this:
    Code:
    21:04:33 [INFO] System: Linux 2.6.18-274.el5.028stab093.2 (i386)
    21:04:33 [INFO] Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_20 (http://java.sun.com/)
    21:04:33 [INFO] JVM: Sun Microsystems Inc. OpenJDK Server VM 19.0-b09
    21:04:33 [INFO] Available processors: 4
    21:04:33 [INFO] Available total memory: 2249.0 MB
    21:04:33 [INFO] JVM allocated memory: 198.0 MB
    21:04:33 [INFO] Free allocated memory: 62.0 MB

I'm not sure what this is telling me honestly, but it may help you. What confuses me is there's 2249mb available memory and only 62mb of Free allocated memory. Someone here could probably explain that though.

I hope someone has a solution of some sort.

2. Offline

Supersam654

The RAM thing is not an issue. Because you are using a dev build of Craftbukkit, you won't get much troubleshooting help. However, try running your server without any plugins and see if speeds improve. I have a feeling that one of your 1.7 compatible plugins is not completely functional with 1.8

3. Offline

dragos240

That's possible. I'll check that out.

UPDATE: Switching to build 1139 from 1149 speeds the server up significantly. It was running on this build before with no issues. It seems to be a recent build between the two that caused a loss of performance.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  4. Offline

jase240

It does seem to take a long time to startup, for me it used to take seconds in 1.7.3 now it takes at least a minute or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.