[BUGS] My experiences with Bukkit 1467, 1475, and 1487

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by ClearTranquil, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ClearTranquil

This will require a forward: I am quite happy patiently waiting for the RB and so far I've been testing the dev builds as I see them. Therefore, PLEASE do not post here if you're only here to say, "Be patient and wait and stop whining!", because I feel the same way about the whiners as you do. My goal here is to present what works for me and what doesn't.

Server specs:
    Host: Xenon (1GB of disk space, 1GB of RAM)

Bukkit 1467:

Working practically flawlessly with these plugins (all up to date with their releases):

BlueTelePads
    Creaturebox
    Flatlands
    HeroicDeath
    Inception
    Lockette
    MobDisguise
    NoCheat
    OtherBlocks
    PermissionsEx
    PhysicalShop
    SlowHealth
    TimeFold
    VoxelSniper
    WelcomeMe
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    ChatManager
    ModifyWorld
    AdminCmd
    mcMMO
    MobArena (Although in 1.0.0 the teleporting endermen can make wave progression halt)
    MonsterHunt
    WorldBorder
    LogBlock #67 (without Spout)

Skylands as it was is not working for me, I think maybe because I had "_skylands" in the title. The End was fine until we beat the dragon, then the world started to crash and lag.

Bukkit 1475 + 1487:

The plugins listed above worked and the brand new dimension with "_the_end" suffix worked as well.

However, I had a LOT of lag with these builds. Chunks wouldn't load very fast so I'd fall into the void quite a bit. Also, the server log was spammed with the "did the server time change or is the server overloaded?" message.

I'm not sure what's causing this but going back to 1467 fixed all that for me.

EDIT: For these builds I tried a variety of things such as disabling LogBlock and NoLagg but neither fixed the issue.

Thanks for listening!

2. Offline

AegisZephyr

1GB of disk space? That may be part of your problem right there. I know minecraft is extremely RAM hungry and that also depends greatly on HDD space for storage and swap files. We run the same dev builds on our server with no lag whatsoever on the dev builds (currently on 1488) and started with #1464. The only plugins we had to temporarily disable were Teslacoils and Spout. Everything else seems to run fine on our server.

3. Offline

saul100

You might want to report it here, it is the temporary bug report system.

4. Offline

ClearTranquil

Well, it's a standard package offered by Xenon. My memory usage is generally between 500-900 MB depending on my server traffic and processes. I've also only used about 60% of my disk space between plugins and worlds.

@saul100 - Thanks! I'll check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.